1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Apr 12, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I like her hairdo.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

F that. Make a whole movie where she liberates entire planets. Even a trilogy.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I don't think anybody really liked the last movie, but I'm over it and it's dead and gone. Bring more fun.

GRENDEL and mikol13 like this.
  4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The trailer definitely has me excited. I've enjoyed all the Star Wars movies and I'm sure this will be no different. Loved The Force Awakens and thought the bits of nostalgia mixed with new elements were exactly what the frahchise needed to bring in old and new fans. And The Last Jedi was a risky, but excellent film that took the frahchise in a new direction. It gets way too much underserved hate. Can't wait to see how this trilogy concludes.

cwebbster likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Disney you money machine!

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

wished they could have incorporated jennifer lawrence in this somehow.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'll watch it on streaming or DVD.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Did they have an outline at the beginning or are they just making it up as they go along?

Outlier likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Force Awakens wasn't bad... but it was more "safe" than it was daring.

The Last Jedi was not good. I'm curious as to what "new direction" you think it had the franchise going towards?

If this movie ends up in the middle of the two, I'll be fine with that... but hopefully its better than the other two.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I believe they did... until Riann Johnson changed stuff (along with Carrie Fisher's death).

Then again, JJ Abrams has done some of this "on the fly" stuff before, especially with LOST.

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I will continue to vote with my wallet and not see this in theaters.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, I was excited for Rian Johnson when I heard the news. Was looking forward to a more fresh and risk-taking direction by an up-and-coming director. The Last Jedi was pretty much the moment where the decade-long trend of "subverting the viewer's expectations" officially jumped the shark.

But yeah, after it just about ruined the franchise for me, I'm fine just keeping it safe. Just make a decent, entertaining 7/10 movie, and I'll be happy. All I ask is that it's not TOO kiddie. And please, for the love of God, pay attention to the details!

mikol13 likes this.
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

15. runamok

runamok Member

That was a cool trailer, hopefully JJ can turn this thing around. Def going to watch this in Theaters (but may not multiple times). I find it Ironic how their Goal was to move on from the old characters to make way for the new. They have failed on this area, I see reliance on Nostalgia, old characters, now Plalpatine (I'll admit badass laugh, got me hyped)- can't say I feel too much for the new- at least in terms of multiple viewings.

I think they need to hire the bid dude with the purple lightsaber- got legit acting lines, could single handedly turn the whole franchise around:

#55 runamok, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think TLJ was much better than TFA, which was an uninspiring remake. Still looking forward to this.

cwebbster likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Last Jedi just needed a cameo from Jar Jar Binks to be perfect -- maybe we'll finally get that closure in this episode -- it was cool to hear his laugh at the end of the trailer.

BigM likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We can't really lose. It might be good, it might stink, but either way, it'll provide new starter material to the auralnauts.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems a little old to make a comeback now.

This CGI reanimation business is getting a little crazy. I'm waiting for the Star Wars sequel staring Fred Astaire, Humphrey Bogart and Errol Flynn.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Knowing that only one of my favorite roles was bumped off eases the pain. I liked playing Han Solo, dammit. At least he was human. I like playing humans. Why did Ridley have to be such a Dick?

I'll watch it, more than once, I'm sure. It better be good. Hell, it better be better than good.