1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPORTSRADIO 1310 DALLAS] Pacman reinstated by NFL

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

From my email:

Breaking Cowboy News

Sources indicate that suspended Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pac Man" Jones will be fully reinstated by the NFL.

Jones was serving the suspension prior to becoming a Cowboys. Earlier this year the commissioner had allowed Jones to practice with the team and participate in the 2008 Preseason. Up until now, the commissioner has withheld full reinstatement.

Tune into the Official Radio Home of the Dallas Cowboys...Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket...for full details.

EDIT: Got a link - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3557979

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Learn this lesson, kids: MISBEHAVE, and you get a free pass! :D

Great example, NFL, thank you for your leadership! :eek:

3. DreamRoxCoogFan

not surprised...

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

fixed for you

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

being at the scene of a crime doesn't make you a criminal. quit oppressing adam!

leave pacman alone! leave him alone!!!

[​IMG]

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He didn't get a free pass. He missed games and paychecks for something he didn't even go to jail for. You can't keep a man off the field forever when he isn't even being punished by the law (i.e. found guilty or doing time for anything).

Being an athlete isn't what's giving him a "free pass". Being rich is what's giving him the chance to get high priced lawyers that keep him out of jail. And if he isn't in jail or anything like that...then how can you keep him off the field?

8. Angle02

Angle02 Member

He's prolly a Cowboys hater. Any good news is bad news for them. I was really expecting the Commish to not live up to his word and keep him out a few games into the season. Glad he proved me wrong.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: It's not that I'm a Cowgirl hater. Well... actually... I hate the cowgirls with a passion, but that's not why. :rolleyes:

Of course I hate the cowgirls, but even if this happened to my Texans, I wouldn't want some troublemaker like that in my team.

Ya'll seem to defend the most vile, vulgar, low-class citizens just to see them catch a football and make a touchdown. Who cares if he served the suspension...? He's still a thug just like the rest of them the NFL suspends. You know what...? He fits well in the Ducking Fallas organization and I know this is against my principles, but I hope they sit comfortably during a playoff bye and get nowhere this season, too... I hope some lowly team spoils their season.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I could say everyone deserves a second or third chance, but I have to admit that I'm happy to have him and Tank on the team...Lots of upside and I truly believe the Cowboys will win it all this year...Just like I believe the Rockets will win it all this year...

That being said, if he screws up, he's gone, so until that time, its a win-win situation...

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Wow I guess good things do happen if you make it rain

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm not defending "him or what he did". I'm defending his right to play football. Has he been convicted (no)? Is he doing time (no)? There is no reason to keep him off the field, especially not in professional sports where there are tons of examples or many great players doing, and getting away with a lot of stuff. I'm not saying it's right but there is no legal reason to keep him off the field.

So I guess you are opposed to us getting Artest and if we win a title with him you won't be celebrating?