1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

I'm tired of listening the morning guys/ john mcclane/ gary kubiak rant on on about the texans on sportsradio 610. They gave crappy players like salaam and green shows and kiss their asses all the time. The texans suck, but they still love to analyze every freaking move that they do. The rockets hardly get any national pub. And on top of that, they are hardly getting pub on their own official radio station. Anyways, i want to ask is there any radio station that talks more rockets than other sports? Thanks.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

salaam has a great personaility. Yeah, its hard to listen to players come in and talk about how they keep losing, I never listened to McKinney's show or aaron glenn's. glenn was just hard to listen to.

3. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Thats true, but man does he crap it up on the field.

4. conquistador#11

commisssar morey should be on every wednesday, with mark and andre :)

when calvin murphy isn't going political, he will talk about the rockets.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

but it's entirely unlistenable.

Richard Justice on 1560 just had Feigen on talking Rockets...Darryl Morey is the next guest.

6. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

As you can tell by my moniker, Calvin's show from 5 - 7 pm on 97.5 the Ticket is really good. What I like about Murph is he doesn't hold anything back.

He said yesterday that McGrady is not a superstar until he can make stars out of some of his teammates and win a playoff series. Also said if McGrady has taken more shots in a game than Yao, he has a real problem with that.

I think people from this bbs call him to complain that he is a hater of McGrady.

7. MadMax

he is a hater.

he's also shrill and loud. it's like listening to Michael Savage talking hoops.

8. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Granato was talking hoops when I got in the car this morning......then McKinney came on.....Listen to Granato on Wednesday. Berkman will be in studio all morning and I think Lance Z should be making his first apperance live as well....that's the rumor anyway. Even if you can't stand Granato it is worth to catch Berkman.

9. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I agree with MadMax, Calvin's show is horrible. I really hate when he gets political.

10. conquistador#11

I hope puma resets the Rice vs. Berkman scandal, that story always makes me laugh :D

11. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

You only think he is a hater because he says it like it is. But having said that, I don't believe he would say half the criticisms he tells if he was still employed by the Rockets.

12. msn

msn Member

So he's not a "hater", he's bitter. That's soooo much better.

13. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

No, I don't believe he is bitter, he got paid by the Rockets for over 30 years. He just is not going to be so critical to an organization if he is employed by them. Now that he isn't, all bets are off.

14. MadMax

Honestly, there is absolutely no question in my mind the man is bitter. And that's what I meant by being a hater.

The screaming...the shrillness...it's just silly. And it's hilarious because the guys on the show with him are a huge study in contrast because they're so even-toned.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I cant stand John McClaine anymore, he just annoying at this point

16. kevwun

kevwun Member

I still can't pickup 1560. I guess they gave up on boosting their signal to 50,000 watts. It sucks because I was looking forward to listening to the station.

17. msn

msn Member

I had Murph on my radio for all of 45 seconds before I turned him off. He's as big a clown, or perhaps worse, as he was with the Rockets. He embarrassed me for Houston when he was the color analyst for the Rockets. Especially near the end of lottery seasons, he and Worrell were just unlistenable. Picture up, volume down, turn on Geno.

18. MadMax

they improved the signal this week. can you still not pick it up? it's loud and clear for me now.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Find me a station that will Stream the games over the internet
    Texans, Rockets, etc

I don't think any of the local ones do

Rocket River

20. msn

msn Member

I think their respective leagues are the cause of that, not the stations. The MLB in particular can turn pennies into copper wire.