1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Junkies Gone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by edc, Oct 1, 2001.

Tags:
  1. edc

edc Contributing Member

Woo-Hoo.

Starting tommorow on Sportsradio 610 KILT-AM:

Jeremy Foster 5:30-6
    John & Lance 6-10
    Russ 10-11,2-3
    Rich & Charlie 3-7
    Matt Jackson 7-10

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Even quicker than I expected, but definitely a good thing.

Although I am not a big fan of Matt Jackson

3. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

That is great news!!! I can't stand that show.
    It's also nice to see Russ Small moved out of the morning show. I am not a big fan of his.

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

WOO HOO!!!

I've actually started listening to 610 again, and it's been a lot more sports than it had been a few weeks ago. However, I change the station the minute the "Sports Junkies" come on. It's truly a pointless, horrible radio show that consists more of a bunch of adolescent jokes that aren't even funny to adolescents . . .

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Looks like after months of tinkering with the lineup they've finally gotten it right. John and Lance don't need Russ in the morning. Matt Jackson, even though not my favorite, is a huge improvement over the Junkies.

6. Band Geek Mobster

I was apathetic about the junkies, it wasn't that bad.

The thing that sucks is Russ Small is still around.

The only person more boring than that dude is Kenny Hand...

7. Lefty2thumbs

Lefty2thumbs Member

I am so pleased with these changes. I have to admit that Russ did add a significant amount to the morning show. Unfortunately it all sucked. Russ will now be the bread in the Rome Sandwich. What a perfect fit. When I think of hard-hitting Rome the first thing I think of is Russ Small.

In a sweater.

Eating strwberries.

With powdered sugar.

See ya Russ. Enjoy the next couple of weeks in the odd time slot. After that, happy job hunting.

8. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

That is very good news. I enjoy Matt and Jeremy. I guess all the complaining made the station change their mind. HAHA

9. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Russ will probably be the ends to the Romey Sandwich. He has been heavily speculated on being the Texans Play-by-Play man. When we recieved our Texans affilliate questionaire it said nothing about who is the broadcast team.

Rob

10. davo

davo Contributing Member

Great news.

This morning on the way to work I was listening to the morning show, ans I noticed that John & Lance were all excited. It was beore 7.00am, and Russ was not there.

11. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAWWWW..... I guess the 17 seperate e-mails i sent them finnaly got through!

12. Houstone

Houstone Member

Yeah I'm happy Matt is back, those Junkie guys sukkked!!!:)

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Like BGM, I didn't really have a problem with Sports Junkies. It's much more a bunch of guys goofing around with sports than just straight talk, which I can hear most of the time.

Doesn't really effect me either way. But right now, they've been devoting the whole show to trashing their removal from 610, and I think they have some points. They are getting a bunch of calls and emails from supporters in Houston.

They also went through a list of stations ahead of 610 in the Houston market. 610 is 24th. There may be a good reason for that.

At least Matt Jackson will be around, he's cool.

14. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

The Sports Junkies were the worst show - even worse than Bob Kemp - that I ever listened to. Rich and Charlie kind of hinted around Friday that there may be changes looming. I could not be happier. I did not like Matt and Jeremy at first because Matt was always pissing me off because he is sooo opinionated and would get so hot. After they were cancelled, I realized that was what I liked about it. He would incite me to b**** back at the radio, but I would still always tune in on my way to work or practice (both at night, obviously).

I listened to the Junkie's tonight ripping H-town and I could not believe how petty they were being, as if ripping us would change anything. Even funnier, was some of the "supporters" that called up. These were probably interns at the station these guys broadcast from. They actually had a guy here, a New York transplant, who said "Whenever I listen they are always talking about the Astros or Rockets.. who cares, why don't they talk about something that matters like the Yankees". THIS IS HOUSTON, JACKASS! Another thing that seemed funny to me was why would they tell their national audience that a major market dumped them on their ass. With their performance tonight, they simply reinforced that the correct decision was made. B'bye now Junkies. By the way, I hope they keep Jeremy on with Matt.

15. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I could give a crap either way. I chill with my family at night. The Sports Junkies, Matt, the Rome Repeat, whatever. From 7 'til 11 I am all about PowerPuff Girls and Dexter's Lab with the kids, then sports or Friends or Who's line is it anyway or sex with my wife, then I close my eyes and breathe deeply, probably snore a little, until it's time for John and Lance to air.

But at least Matt's a local guy. And he's cool as a dude. I just never hear his show.