1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Special Talent That You Do Better Than Anyone Else

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 7, 2001.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

DEFINITELY one of the best football games ever, considering it was made for the NES way back in 1991. I think it was the first football game to use real NFL logos and players and play through an actual football season...The first real "football simulation" game...Plus, the AI in that game was pretty cool...Every time I played a season, I'd blow out my first few opponents by 30 or 40 points, but the computer always adjusted and the game became harder as the season progressed...Truely a game that was ahead of it's time....

I remember one time I had the Oilers and Warren Moon passed for about 600 yards and six or seven TD's...I kept running "Shotgun XY Bomb" over an over again...

Moon to Givens...touchdown!

Then, I was playing another season and I was the LA Raiders (playing against the Oilers) and Bo Jackson had about 350 yards rushing...He was the MAN in that game...

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

JBIIRockets,

I think I could take you. I haven't played the game in probably 7 years, but you give me a week with the game to train, and I'd take you.

I went through a full season with every team and kept all offensive stats. I think I could dig them up if I looked hard enough.

3. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Write excellent political posts that are always better than anyone else's. It is either that or I am more modest and honest in my self opinion than anyone else.

5. Angle02

Angle02 Member

I think I have anybody beat at this one. Every time I play basketball I get hurt. I either get knocked out, sprain an ankel, or other painful stuff.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I've been told I'm a masterdebaiter.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I have the innate ability to listen to 80s glam rock for hours on end, as well as make the cutest babies in the world (although some may say my wife has more to do with that one).

8. Nomar

Nomar Member

Join Moe's Madden 2002 sim league. Sign up in the fantasy forum. 6 teams left.

9. Gascon

Gascon Member

Give me that same amount of time, and I will take you both on, leaving you sobbing and whimpering at your own ineptitude. :p

On that same note, I am the greatest NBA Live player the world has ever seen. I'll play any version, any time. Fire it up. :cool:

I also do impressions. ;)

10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I am the best Contra player on the planet. Contra is a very old, very good and <b>very</b> challenging NES game.

While at first glance this may seem to be an exaggeration, I don't see how anyone can possibly be better. I have played this game every one or two weeks for the past 13 years and have reached the point where I can get through it in one life with the regular gun, getting no powerups at all, not even rapid fire.

Most people have a tough time beating this game using the 30 man code and grabbing every powerup in sight.

To this day it remains my favorite game on any system, and I'm still damn good at it.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I can make a wide variety of frighteningly realistic disgusting noises with my hands: compression (farting), separation/intake (kissing), and a particular kind of clapping (palm contact only at the corners, none in the middle) that's nasty-sharp and will leave your ears ringing.

Also, I can reliably catch grapes in my mouth from as high as I can throw them. I'm guessing that's about 40 feet. But I've never done crispee's elbow trick.

Let's just say I'm not quitting my day job.

12. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

I say you do the grape thing next time you're on the News Hour...

13. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I can go from loving to hating and back to loving the Rockets faster than anyone in the world.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Bull****. I am the best at Tecmo Super Bowl and everyone knows it. Give me the 49ers and you will be crying for mommy by the middle of the second quarter. Seriously, I am awesome at that game with my only weakness being the ability to push the A button superfast to tackle and break tackles. I love playing the season with San Fran and having the San Diego game roll around in week 2. Damn it's just like 70-0 everytime, and that's with running the ball and slowing the scoring up. So again, I'm saying I would do some serious JBIIRockets ass kicking if we ever met up.

OK I just read all the posts after this and am glad to see how many people love this game. That would be cool to have a tournament (even though it will never happen).

Another thing I am the best at is keeping my nintendo and all of it's games in full working order. I do believe I'm the only person I know with a fully functional (doesn't reset or freeze every 3 minutes) Nintendo. I've had that thing since Christmas 88 and it still works (including the controls) like the day I bought it. Excitebike tried to go out on me, but I got it back working.

Another thing I do amazingly well is mental math. I'm sure there are better but I won the UIL state championship in Number Sense my senior year two years ago so I'm pretty good. And that was on one hour sleep after we drove from afterprom at 4 in the morning.

FADEAWAY!! Do you have the code for the 30 life thing on Contra. I'm not even sure my friend's version still works (it may be supercontra also) but we never can remember that code. I used to think it was up, up, down, down, left right left right A B select start.

#54 francis 4 prez, Nov 10, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2001
  15. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start is the 30-man code for the original Contra.

I thought of another special skill:
    I will absolutely, completely, and utterly destroy anyone on this planet in NBA Jam TE for the SNES.

Pick up a controller. I dare you.

16. francis 4 prez

Thanks for the code Lynus. Hopefully the game is still somewhere.

I just thought of another game. Back in high school, when playing games on your calculator during class was all the rage, there was that game Starchaser (could be something else but I remember star something). You had a little ship that had to hit all the asterisks on the screen while getting across the screen before time ran out while not hitting anything else. I absolutely dominated that game. My friend played it a lot and his high score wasn't even as high as my best score before dying once (somewhere in the 14000's). My best score was in the 18000's.

Apparently I am also very good at accumulating lines on tetris, but not very good at getting points. One time I had like 150 lines and my friend was like wow, what's your score, and it wasn't even half of his best score. So I now proclaim myself the greatest at getting the highest lines/points ratio on tetris.

17. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I never paid attention to the score in Tetris. I only went for total number of lines. My highest was 192.

18. francis 4 prez

See that's my kinda tetris player. I always got as many lines as I could and tried to have the screen completely clear as far into the game as I could. Others would just try to stack for the tetrad (is it called tetrad or tetris when you do all 4 lines) and sometimes lose the game trying but they would eventually get a game where it all fell right and that's how they got super high scores. I'm not sure I ever got close to 192 (calc or nintendo), that's pretty damn amazing.

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Close, but not quite.

It's actually: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A Start.

You were just missing an extra "B, A"

The ten life code for the sequel, "Super C" is: right, left, down, up, A, B, Start.

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

My roommate plays Tetris all the time with the Nintendo we have, and his career best is 207, seriously. I saw it with my own eyes. I was stunned. His instincts are incredible. And he always goes past 190.