1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Space Force

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by body slam, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why do Republican presidents like expanding government departments? DHS... Space Farce

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think there is a big diff between ground and air. Not sure about between air and air.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You believe their is a wider gap between ground to air vs air to space?
    It doesnt take much training to get a plane off the ground.

In perspective, out of the 195 countries in the world, only 13 have made it to space.

A military branch supporting space would be more about the response to intended and unintended consequences in space and have the flexibility to work with other nations directly for solutions to problems.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no air in space my friend!

DFWRocket likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

We need this, it's clear the armies of the future will be fighting on the moon not on earth. We will need space force battleships and space force infantry troopers to storm planets. Space wing fighters, and space force guns that can shoot lasers

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No. Our air is .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.... of space.

Maybe Martian disagree, but I do think we aren’t fighting in space anytime in the near future.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Shhhh. Same stuff my friend.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm very critical of Trump but Space Force wasn't bad. It has a lot of the feel of first season M*A*S*H.

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I thought Trump was ridiculous when he announced the Space Force. But Neil DeGrasse Tyson makes sense of things - basically he says it actually makes sense IF the Air Force doesn't think they have the capabilities to handle the extra role. But if the Air Force can handle it then let them expand to that role.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm fine with it. I think it is inevitable. Maybe it's premature right now, but if it's inevitable then premature isn't that big a deal. As for the Air Force, I think the only question is whether you make the agency voice of Space Force coequal to the voices of the Air Force, the Navy, the Army, and I guess the Coast Guard. Space Force right now essentially would provide logistical support to other branches, but given that they need to support all other branches, maybe an equal voice is appropriate. Ultimately, it's just an org chart question though.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Many people are saying that the lines at the recruiters are the longest lines in the history of recruiting. Just tremendous...
    [​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

^^^^not sure if homophobic slur against drag queens or complicity in the mocking of marginalized gender fluid trans^^^

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I hadn't noticed that at all so wrong on both counts. Good catch, though. I sincerely hope everyone has an equal chance at joining the Space Force.

I'm sure the dotard will want to stop any Klingons from circling Uranus at all costs.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's called orbiting bozo and the Klingons have been our friends since 2293 with the signing of the Khitomer Accords. geez

Deji McGever, body slam and Rashmon like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's really naht. It didn't happen in the 1960's or the 1980's and it doesn't need to happen now.

We're just one or two stupid satellite skirmishes away from being permanently trapped within our atmosphere anyway.

See: Kessler Syndrome.

Buck Turgidson, KingCheetah and Nook like this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with this and will even sign up for it - but only on the condition that I get to be the captain of my own ship and that I can dress like Malcolm Reynolds. I'll be just like him, except instead of leading a rag-tag band of downtrodden passengers against an evil empire, I will be leading a sad group of losers incapable of getting a real job in service to an hilarious empire.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Looks like Haymitch just volunteered to be a space cadet.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Can't believe how many people think putting lipstick on star wars (SDI) is a good idea.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im pretty sure you're the only one doing that.