1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sealclubber1016, Feb 20, 2014.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't think a game that you had no idea was coming out until yesterday, and won't be out until mid October should really be a factor on a purchase in March. It's your money of course. Just saying.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Price seems fair, getting great reviews.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Game is hilarious...I'm a few hours in. I don't want to say anything due to spoilers, but I definitely laugh out loud every few minutes. Most of the time it's a chuckle, but I'd say that's still far and above almost all video games with few exceptions. I was a little worried about the combat, but so far it's very fun and engaging. I'm actually surprised at the depth the game has as far as some abilities and so on. Very very fun and well made.

5. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

How long is the game? I'll probably start it today since my spring break just started.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just reserved it at redbox. Can't wait to get home and play

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Supposed to be about 15 hours including side quests. The side quests are pretty funny so I find myself wanting to do them all (not normal for me in a RPG, I usually do the ones I want to for lewtz, but definitely not all of them). Allegedly there isn't a lot of replay value, but I feel like I could step away from this game for a few months or a year and come back and laugh at it again. Plus, I like the combat like I said.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm a few hours in also, and really enjoy the game. If it is short, I see them easily being able to add expansions.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Irony.

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

On the other side of the coin, you have to consider that people spend a decent amount of cash on buying the seasons of the TV show. People re-watch their favorite TV shows all the time, so if the humor in the game is as good as in the show, it's no more one-and-done than the show itself is.

How many episodes are they doing per season now? 10? So that's 10 x 20 minutes = about 3.5 hours of entertainment.
    That's going to cost what, $20 to buy? So $20 / 3.5hrs = $5.71 per hour of entertainment.

Let's assume the game is about 12 hours of entertainment.
    $60 / 12hrs = $5 per hour of entertainment.

Seems pretty fair to me.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They usually charge $50 for seasons on bluray in my experience. I'm sure there are exceptions.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

This game seems like the type of game to be full price at release, $40 2-3 months after that, then $30 2-3 months after that.

I'm glad to see a SP game do well though - hopefully everyone involved will come through with a sequel.

13. Drexlerfan22

I think that's typically for shows with longer seasons though, right? I was just approximating based on the digital price on Amazon.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're probably right. :)

15. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Bought this yesterday, worth the 60$

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Some of the reviews I read seem to indicate that there isn't much class differentiation. I think one of the biggest flaws was no class-specific weapons. What do you guys think about that? I know most of you are just on a single playthrough at the moment, but would like to know if you have two save files that started with different classes and how each plays out.

17. Drexlerfan22

Interested in this too. My copy isn't here yet.

18. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I finished it with a mage. I don't plan to play it again anytime soon, too much other good stuff to play, and Dark Souls 2 in less than a week now.

I can say that with my mage, I had multi-hitting spells which, when paired with equipment that gave me life and mana steal, just made the game a cakewalk. I was playing on the hardest difficulty and it was still easy. Not sure if other classes have similar attacks that can be taken advantage of the same way or not.

19. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Started playing the game. Great so far! You have to be big south park fan though. Well worth the money!

20. MykTek

MykTek Member

still stuck? I just finished that part last night.
    The key is that there are multiple teleport devices and you just have to move around the platforms and stuff