1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sealclubber1016, Feb 20, 2014.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Because that's just how I'm rolling right now.

#21 percicles, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Allegedly "after beating the abortion clinic level you can get the girl skin". I'm not sure if that was a joke, but since he said it more than once I'm guessing he was serious, haha.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This comes out today. Getting some excellent reviews

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/04/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-review-round-up/

I watched a stream for a few hours earlier and you're pretty much playing in a very long epic South Park episode. Their were just hilarious references galore everywhere. You tell Trey and Matt had a huge hand in this. They really pushed the boundaries on some of the explicit stuff too that you wouldn't even see on the show.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Picked it up already when I got off work, installing as we speak.

South Park and RPG's 2 of my favorite things.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

can i not just download this game? I have to go pick it up at the store?

EDIT: nvm. can download from amazon

#25 tallanvor, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  6. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UWyRSVrr7SQ?list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am glad I still have my 360 hooked up - (bought a ps4) but I plan to get this today and check out looks amazing

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Watching some streams, it's reminding me of Mario RPG from snes days. Now I just have to decide if I can wait for a price drop.

1 person likes this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I've never bought a game when it first came out since I was little... I might pick this up today. I love me some south park

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I picked it up. First game I've bought at release since halo 2.

11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

This does look really cool, I went ahead and pre-ordered it a few days ago. Excited to hear all the positive things about it, though over at Kotaku they were saying something about a screen "stuttering" problem. Anyone experience that issue?

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

What system did you guys get it on? I was thinking about picking it up on PC, but teh review above said the controls were a little off.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Reviewers have compared it to that. I picked up a copy for PC, going to see how it responds to a PS4 controller. If not I'll just use the regular controls.

14. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I LOVE that game. Top 5 all time for me. I've been hard-pressed to find an RPG game that I like as much as Legend of the Seven Stars so I'm hoping that this will be able to come close.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

One of the few games I've played through multiple times, I might have to agree on the top 5 all time. My favorite item is still the Jinx belt, don't ask me why...just feels uber to me. I'll buy that game for any system Nintendo releases (I have it for the virtual console on Wii U). The comparisons are really the big reason I bought this game. Looking forward to playing it soon.

1 person likes this.
  16. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

It was a little OP, but I always put the Safety Ring on Geno. Unstoppable. I, too, have bought it for Super Nintendo, Wii, and emulator (obviously not bought). I honestly have had to temper my expectations for Stick of Truth, but I'm still excited.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Playing it now, so far so good and haven't had any issues with controls but I literally just started. It's at 85 on metacritic, I don't think you need to temper them anymore at this point it's proven to be very good if not great.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah the gameplay is holding up, just passed the abduction. Even without the South Park factor I could dig this.

Game isn't easy, it isn't really too hard, but you can't just moonwalk, you're gonna get beat.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

59.99? These fools must be out of their mind.

I need to play season 2 of the walking dead anyway...

20. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Just played it for 3 hours straight. I honestly didn't know what type of game this was at all. I bought it based on all the reviews and the fact that Matt Stone and Trey Parker developed it.

I was pleasantly surprised that it looks just like the cartoon. I'm not a fan of RPGs but this game has me hooked. I like that certain attacks depend on you pressing a button at just the right time. And I love the humor in this game. I was laughing quiet a bit :)