1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I really think Miami should just hold on their young players, even if they get Butler they wouldn't be able to compete and they won't assets to get another star. In a coule of years those bad contract they have will be expired or expiring so, easily movable, with only Richardson, Bam and Winslow signed on cheap deals they would be able to go after one/two stars in free agency easily.

D-rock, YaoMing#1, Nook and 3 others like this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we continue to start off poorly, I'd be willing to include Tucker for Butler. Because that would mean his impact on the team would be diminished from last year. We're already desperately thin up front, and if PJ can't effectively guard bigger guys, then why is he here anyway.

D-rock likes this.
  3. macan

macan Member

if we lose on Sat. and Sun. up the offer Morey

Crashlanded19, D-rock and ak99999 like this.
  4. finsraider

finsraider Member

If Miami is really out, and we are just a week and half out from being able to include Chriss and Knight...I like our chances.

Either way, I feel like Ennis is a better fit for the bench, where he and MCW can play at a faster pace. It's not a coincidence that those two had the best plus/minus among the rotation players against the Pelicans.

D-rock likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd include Tucker only if Taj Gibson were part of the return. I don't know if Dieng will be stapled onto Jimmy Butler; that'd be a lot of salary matching. In which case, I would hope hapless Sacramento's cap space and first rounders helps things out.

Clearly we need to add size. MDA won't play any of our bigs not named Capela unless it's a blowout.

Crashlanded19 and Little Bit like this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RudyTBag, slothy420 and Deuce like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think Tucker was the problem last game. The Pelicans exploited our switching defense and created mismatches inside. Tucker was actually one of the few guys who played well on both ends.

OldYelllowDog, Shark44 and saleem like this.
  8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Just know that there are many of us more concerned with your quest for health than our quest for Butler. Hang tough.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

You view Chriss and Knight as assets?

saleem and malakas like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Knight is an asset. We may have to showcase him a lil bit, but I think he has the talent.

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wisely? Lol Woelfel, like they're going to get much better than that...

Richie_Rich, seeingred, Deuce and 8 others like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

don't quote this clown.

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

good lord this clown is woefully stupid

15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Josh Richardson played pretty well from the box score in GM 1 and is much younger than Jimmy. If Minny got that offer they should have jumped on it.

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn’t a fan a trading Tucker before but if MDA continues to play him at backup center when it’s clearly not working, Morey may have to trade him to force MDA’s hands. He’s a stubborn coach that will continue to do the same thing even when it’s not working.

D-rock and Mathloom like this.
  17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I completely agree, he was one of the bright spots actually. But in my view, the defensive ability he brings over Butler is his ability to effectively guard bigger guys, as well as the perimeter. Last night did not showcase that in my view. So if he doesn't bring that defensive prowess back I'd be willing to ship him for Butler, who is a great perimeter defender in his own right. We're still super thin up front though.

D-rock likes this.
  18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Morey and MDA really like them. We will find another GM/Coach really like them (via 3rd team deal).

Wolves don't want them.

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

Good thought experiment.

20. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member