1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

Still think Nene would have been able to grab a few more rebouns and should have played when durant was still on the floor.

But yeah, I agree Cp3 was the main culprit. If he had played average we win

2. Fantasma Negro

He needs to chill on the Butler thing, I don't think its plausible and it will cost too much. I'd rather he get a Harrison Barnes or MKG and then focus on finding our next starting point guard because CP3 is done. As for MDA, if its not Ettore Messina then he should stay

3. SemisolidSnake

I certainly don't understand all the nuances of the Rockets' money and contract situations, but from what I've gleaned on here, I just don't see how you can dig in even deeper and add another highly-paid star. However, Morey does things that seem impossible, so I'm not going to assert it can't be done. Correcting all the mistakes of the offseason by the end of this season is something I don't anyone here would've predicted. I accept my ignorance and the unpredictable brilliance that can stem from the mind of someone much smarter and more driven than me.

I'd still say there's a lot more bang for the buck to be found in maybe a new coaching direction. The System is coach-agnostic. It's Morey's system. It's also pretty low complexity, min-maxxing type play. The devil is in the details of adjusting and correcting and improving to patch and strengthen cracks that appear with what you have available to you. And I just don't see that here, and the need for that gets magnified so much in the playoffs. I'm not willing to go full Texans folder and say "The Texans Rockets are never going to win a championship with BOB MDA," since there's a championship chance still in play right now. But if they don't make it past the Warriors, I think we've definitely got a new head coach next year, and I just hope the right choice is made.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tillman Fertitta and Daryl should be on the hot seat, scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Free Agent Losses - Trevor Ariza, Luc Mbah Moute

Offseason Terrible Acquisitions - Carmelo Anthony, James Ennis, Michael Carter Williams

Losing Jeff Bzedlik messed up the record, 11-14 start

cheke64 likes this.
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The Raptors are winning Game 7. Butler doesn't fit with Simmons and they don't get along. If Butler is the last one in musical chairs with Kyrie, Kawhi, and KD, which I think he is then I think Houston can get it done. It's VERY IFFY. If Harden and CP3 get on the phone with him I think they can get it done. I really feel we will try to use Shumpert, retiring Nene, and several 1sts. Sixers need to replenish assets and after signing Harris to a max will be capped out. They will need to wait for the deadline to swing another deal and Shumpert is an expiring for them. Morey would have to promise Butler the moon but that is the price you pay.

6. jowman

jowman Member

Would not want to give up both tucker and Gordon to get butler. Both have proven to be huge in big moments, and by trading them we lose depth. Who else is left? Harden butler and a broken down cp3, is that supposed to threaten other teams?

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Butler is a much better ariza. It's expensive but he's way better than Barnes

J Sizzle and Denovo like this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Sign and trade. Philly will want something. Will make it easier since they are in the East.

9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You can pre-switch Nene onto Igoudala/Looney/Dray/Livingston and let him protect the rim and own the lane which he is still damn good at.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

City of Tomball approves this thread.

11. Rocketsfan3422

clint and pauls contract would like to say no to this.....

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Maybe if fertita had paid ariza we'd be having a different conversation now

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tucker will be one year old next season. We need guys who can defend multiple positions.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But why would they want to get rid of him now that he has extended the Raptor series all by himself?.....well at least 2 games.

Does not make sense. Experts are saying Ben Simmons is going to be traded........sooner or later.

I dun believe their BS.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I wonder whos call it would be to fire D'Anphonie? Morey comes from the thinking of "coaches dont make that much of a difference" or has he switched mindsets and has finally realized that they really do?

If I had to bet its Tilman throwing down the gauntlet and getting tired of the same old bs that D'anphonie keeps throwing out there.

One thing is for sure though, they better allow Jeff Bzdelik to do and say whatever the hell he wants to do.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Butler would be amazing here.

17. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

TRADE CP3!! Bring in Butler and a stretch 4 who can rebound!

18. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

arizza coming back on the cheap this offseason?

19. Fantasma Negro

You're right, he is, and I hope Morey can get it done but he destabilized the team early this season chasing Jimmy. All I'm saying is Barnes is a free agent, we can just add him to replace Shump and then Clint could be flipped. I just hope he keeps his options open, he's known to lock on a player miss out and then end up with the plan c guy

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think i'm more on this side tbh, like, i've never been a fan of Mike as a coach...but the way Chris and Clint are playing eh...those are major factors why we may end up losing this series (aside for the game 1 rig job of course). Mike needs to be better in some situations though, like others said, he was literally running Clint out there in game 4 against Utah when his head was almost exploding, he couldn't run, couldn't jump, he was literally unplayable and he still played the game for almost all the second half...in the last game he went into panic mode, subbing in and out multiple player every minute, still riding with Clint...i don't know, but maybe he needs to be better too, just like some players.

Mr. Clutch likes this.