1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Bosh gives Raptors wish list

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mdoggnic, May 21, 2010.

1. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

CHICAGO -- Chris Bosh's agent has told the Toronto Raptors that he's narrowed his list of preferred teams to five, two sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford at the NBA draft camp.

Bosh

The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- were given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming he doesn't re-sign with Toronto).

Bosh likes that option, sources told Ford, because he'd get one more year on his contract and could make more money.

Sources said the Raptors prefer a sign-and-trade if Bosh is intent on leaving as well. They likely would want a big man to replace the 6-10, 230-pound Bosh in the lineup.

One source said Bosh's decision hinges on where LeBron James signs.

"If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land," the source told Ford. "If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."

Bosh, 26, is an unrestricted free agent. He averaged 24 points per game last season and has averaged 20.2 points per game for his career.

That sucks if this is true...we can't make his top5! Maybe he doesn't care about winning...

2. YourSecretLover

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you know Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, and Miami Heat are in the playoffs while Houston isn't?

4. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

In before someone who swore up in down that he was coming here, and now changes there mind to ."screw this guy hes soft"!!

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If Toronto is on the list, isn't it just a question of whether or not they want to keep him? That doesn't make sense to me.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I guess when he said that he wants to be the main guy where ever he lands, that was just talk. People made way too much out of that remark.

1 person likes this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think he's saying Toronto is one of the teams he'd consider. If he tells them, "i'm not interested in playing for you anymore," Toronto still may be willing to do a sign-and-trade to get something out of it...and that maximizes potential dollars for Bosh, as well.

1 person likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's just manners. It give them a glimmer of hope.

9. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I don't know whats gonna happen this offseason, but I would bet money that the Rockets have a better team next year than every team on the list except for the Lakers.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Bosh isn't entirely stupid, you know?

Play in the East, you just might wind up in the playoffs, even with a poor record. Play in the West? It's rough. Unless you give yourself a free pass and go to the Lakers.

11. thething

thething Contributing Member

Morey could change his mind. It is still early.

12. herro

herro Member

Retain the most important pieces of our core and hit the draft(s) HARD. We're in a good position.

13. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Bulls, Knicks, Heat....looks like Bosh wants to play second fiddle to any superstar FAs out there.

14. herro

herro Member

Left out of this is the fact that Toronto could potentially be more impressed with our haul and inform Bosh that Houston would be a reasonable solution for both parties.

15. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

I have a strange feeling he's going to end up in LA.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Incoming:
    Chris Bosh
    Filler

for

Out-going:

Andrew Bynum
    Sasha Vujacic
    Future 1st Rounder

17. Steve_Francis_rules

That's not how sign and trades work. The team doesn't get to pick where they send the player.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Not good news, but it's still early. He hasn't even given teams a chance to talk to him yet.

I just hope that if he does follow LeBron, it is to Chicago and not New York.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

if lebron is smart he would go to miami i know i would, thats just because i love the beach, but hell get to play with d wade and then we can forget about winning a championship here in houston for the next 10 years because those two on the same team would be unstopable, all you need is a spot up 3pt shooter and a serviceable big and 7 scrubs

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

oh well f**k him, plan B lets trade our first round pick, hill and Jeffries for.... :grin: [​IMG] LET GET IT DONE MOREY