1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some Warriors aren’t buying that Harden’s eye is “extremely hurt”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, May 3, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

From same thread...

[​IMG]

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Is that really hard to figure out? Gamespeed just out there reading and reacting, muscle memory. Standing there waiting for the ref to hand him the ball and that SOB starts stinging. Was it not clear enough that they gave him some eye drops? Only eyes that red are either poked or smoked. Is he supposed to stand there like a robot that feels nothing?

Man...I gotta say, I’m probably not the best person of all time but if you deke me or my team you were gettin one right back. I wasn’t even slick about it sometimes. Someone else said it...if the challenge comes down to pride and you let a team deke you over and over and over and look like they’re going for another AND you never stand up to the bully? You’re cowards. You’re soft. If they lose this series in a bloodbath I can continue believing in greater things. If they lose with Draymond’s shoe left in their butts then they lack the fortitude to climb the mountain.

Voltik and smp like this.
  3. dshay7

dshay7 Member

I’ve had a scratched retina before and it’s no joke. It hurt to keep my eyes open, and even though the scratch was only on one eye, both eyes wanted to close. Any exposure to lights felt like I was staring at the sun, ended up wearing an eye patch for a few days.
    Good thing about the eye is that it heals quickly.
    I’m sure every injury is different, but I really felt for James and was impressed that he kept playing.
    Screw the Warriors.

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This warriors team is the most b**** made team I've ever seen in my life.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah there is no doubt they are whiners.....but why should we care?

Everyone knows it already - I mean it is not like it is news is it?

Just tired of all the whining, and certainly don't care what the Warriors team thinks.

DD

topfive likes this.
  6. jowman

jowman Member

Warriors are some of the weakest winners ever. Got their championships thru pure luck. Salary cap space opening up, injuries to actual competitors, favorable reffing determining their fate in a close series etc. I almost never say a championship team didn’t earn it their rings, but **** the warriors.

Seriously wouldn’t care if their team bus flipped over. I want to see the p***y espn media cry for them

Stormy1234 and RocketsPower like this.
  7. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

They don’t make em like that anymore. I’d like to see Draymond catch one of those. Or two. Or three.

J.R. and topfive like this.
  8. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Maybe they should take a look at where he’s from. The dude is definitely not soft.

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

First time Curry goes left one of our guys needs to slap his left hand see how hurt it really is.

waytookrzy079 and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I do.

11. 34to11

34to11 Member

Always consider the source.

Chris Haynes is a shameless Warriors fanboy and he loves stirring the pot and pushing narratives to that end.
    In his mind he seems to believe he is a part of their team and as such acts as an ersatz mouthpiece for their agenda.
    He is more than happy to take shots at Harden and the Rockets at every opportunity, especially after the way they made him eat his words last season.
    So none of this is surprising from him or them.

Stormy1234 and J.R. like this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That just isn't how players feel about this stuff. KD and PJ are friends, I doubt he'd try to injure his close friend. It is not a toughness thing, its just that elite players are brought together at a much younger age, and by the time they are in the NBA they've known each other for years. Back in the day your opponent was likely a stranger, than part of a group you grew up with.

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

man F*CK these guys. s

14. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s not about trying to injure, it’s about just extending that elbow a bit, grab that jersey, throw in a shoulder every now and again etc.

15. AkeemOlaDROwon

The media darlings of nba get more air time to manipulate whatever narrative they want to spin. I thought most nba purists hated GSW because they assembled a monopoly and signed bandwagon superstars but yet we’re the most hated nba team. We think differently, supremely pragmatic, and found a way to be successful through the numbers. We never tanked and built a contender without superstar players taking paycuts. Our brand of basketball is different. We should all realize that our way of thinking will change basketball forever. In years to come our style will be mimicked, tweaked, and tested but know we were the building blocks. The basketball world can call us crazy and hate us but in the end we’re the innovators that will have a more profound influence on the future of the NBA.

rantsolpuella13 likes this.
  16. smp

smp Member

If that's the case, why are they under cutting Harden and raking his eyes? Let's give them some of that back. It can't be a one way street. The accidents only happen to us. I'm not buying it.

When we had Pat Bev, some accidents happened to GS. Funny how that works.

17. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

FTFY. Scratched retina would mean something penetrated into your eye. That would be a lot worse than the symptoms you described.

18. SemisolidSnake

Heh, I get so tired of hearing that. The more I watch The Wilt Chamberlin Archive on Youtube (which features way more than Wilt), the more I come to understand the dominance of Bill Russell's Celtics. Stacked with Hall of Famers and led by the hugely-competitive Russell, I think they'd mow down the Warriors. Oh, but it's a different game nowadays! Yeah, but those guys could ball, and they wouldn't put up with any insulting, immature BS from the players on the Warriors. Draymond Green would be a stain on the ground before the end of the first quarter.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

I don't like Steven Adams (or Dreymond). I did feel a little bad for Aquaman.

[​IMG]

20. Buck Turgidson

NO. Cheap **** is no good.

It would, however, be really terrible if someone caught an elbow while going for a rebound.