1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Just to add a small one...

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Do you think this is another @Sweet Lou 4 2 / @NewYorker situation????

#102 cml750, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't believe in borders. There are no more countries just corporations

That being said the "problem" is American companies have fallen in love with Hispanic/Latino workers.

This is just like drugs, the issue isn't supply, its demand.

JuanValdez and conquistador#11 like this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

24 of your 36 posts deal with illegal immigration. 3 of your posts are in a thread you created criticizing the architect of the current best team in MLB. ZERO have anything to do with Lebron James.

arkoe, superfob and Nook like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Always curious why people feel the need to post under different poster names. And most often, with extreme takes. Easy enough to skip past.

cml750 likes this.
  6. bobrek

Yeah...sounds like he admitted to having two separate accounts.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I like talking politics with real people is all. I've been JuanValdez since circa 1997. Most people keep their monikers. Sometimes people find their monikers don't age well, don't like them anymore or whatever and change it. Usually they're transparent about it so people can follow along. Sir Jackie Chiles changed his name to AroundtheWorld and told everyone. Another reason to change might be that you've volunteered too much information about yourself and you want don't feel comfortable with people knowing things about your personal life. Okay, I can understand that. I think our middle-aged black woman BaylorBear had to do that. The third reason I can think of is to get into or out of (like Sweet Lou) trolling. I believe Sweet Lou is the real version so I read him, but NewYorker is his troll account, so that's on ignore. And the last, perhaps related to number 3, is that you've burned your reputation so badly with your old moniker that no one will have a conversation with you while you're wearing it. So @Senator comes with opinions I don't especially like. I still like talking with people with bad opinions. I loved talking to Dei about white nationalism until he got booted for, well, racism. But Dei wasn't trolling, he was expressing his own sincerely held racial ideals. Senator, though, reads more like a trolling racist sniping from afar than a real person engaged in real conversation. He's not a guy with history or relationships here. He's disassociated himself from his opinions on baseball and basketball and come straight to talking immigration, and not really talking to people but announcing to the room that things should be this way or that way. So I was asking him because I'm trying to decide if he's worth my trouble or should he go straight to the ignore list.

CometsWin, cml750 and NewRoxFan like this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

Very good summary!

9. cml750

cml750 Member

I thought it was against the rules? I never understood why @Sweet Lou 4 2 got away with it.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ummmm...you have to break the rules to get away with something? Think about that real hard.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Indeed.

When data fails to support anti-immigrant conservative policy, their argument usually ends up being an appeal to emotion that takes on one of two flavors:

1) "MUH LAWZ"

And when that inevitably fails to hold water....

2) "MUH CULTURE"

I can't speak to the situation between the North Africa/Europe, but it's clearly not comparable to that of the relationship between the US/Mexico. If there is no real positive economic or social impact to devoting so much time and energy to keeping people out of the country, then we shouldn't be focusing on it. Conservatives, of all people, should appreciate that given their mission for state efficiency. Of course if you look at the donald subreddit, or any other festering right-wing cankersore, you'll see an inordinate amount of time spent obsessing over a single illegal immigrant who commits a crime. You have large numbers of people who are wrapped up with the idea of punishing/prosecuting people for the sake of it, and not for any real net benefit. This is a borderline psych disorder.

12. Senator

Senator Member

Wow... you think way too much. I am recently divorced and have time on my hand to post. I am sorry to have threatened your little community , but if you can look past the herd mentality of bully the new guy because hes not the same as me , there are problems that need to be solved and I think if you really care, this is a great place to come up with them before proposing them to direct channels. Otherwise dont waste my time.

13. Senator

Senator Member

If you are not responsible enough to make mature decisions , you should not consider being a parent. That is indisputable.

Reunite the kids and parents, but force Mexico to educate its poor on this concept.

14. Senator

Senator Member

Would they love these workers if they had to pay them legal wages? What is the hiring process for illegals like ... ie, how do they write it off in the books.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

Not trying to bully you. Just your entrance was a weird one, coming with long form commentary in the D&D instead of talking ball. And it makes me wonder what's up with you and do you mean what you say or you playing a shtick. But obviously you don't need my permission to post here.

16. Senator

Senator Member

Are you harboring illegals? Are you related to any? Why else get defensive and make baseless accusations. We can go in circles all day, either debate the facts or go back to your desk.

17. Senator

Senator Member

This is the problem with politics in general, attack everything, get personal and expend energy to avoid resolving issues. I have proposed a solution (only us citizens giving birth to Americans), but no one wants to logically build on that.

18. bobrek

I just posted your posting history as Senator. No one with the monikor of Senator had posted in any if the Lebron rumor threads as you claimed you have done.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im not talking about under the table. I work lot of general labor jobs. There are a lot of Spanish only speakers. I don't know how the process works for so many to apparently at least have minimal legit paperwork but i guess im referring to the entire group.

Most employers make accommodations and a lot of the supervisors speak Spanish only. Its the same for skilled and unskilled trades.

Its not a matter of saving money as much as the workers have a good reputation with American companies in terms of issues like work ethic.

20. JuanValdez

Alright, I'm game. I don't like your solution. I think you're right it is one of the incentives that drives illegal immigration in the first place -- that your kids can be citizens in the reward in the end. But, I see the birthplace citizenship as something so absolutely American. So I have no desire to give that up. I also don't want to stop immigration -- I just want to shift it from the illegal kind to the legal kind. Aside from our aims though, the solution you propose requires Constitutional amendment which is, let's say, hard to do. If you do want to go that route and open the Constitution to debate again, there's some other things I'd like to change -- the second amendment for one, and I'd probably want to tinker with the appointments of Supreme Court Justices as well. I'm sure many other citizens have their own pet projects as well. If you open that box, who knows where we end up.

Nook likes this.