1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump and his ilk don't want to solve illegal immigration, they want to stop immigration of all kinds, especially from non-white countries. Thus their price for protecting DACA Dreamers was cutting legal immigration way down.

There is no negotiating a "solution" with these white nationalists.

Deckard likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I do love it when you guys make posts like this. You don't intend it to be funny, but it's hilarious.

3. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Yet in 2008, Obama had a filibuster proof Senate and the House, and chose not to get anything done either. Most Americans don't want unfettered immigration. There is no need for it anymore.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I have been listening to the gaggle of Democratic lawmakers touring the "cages" that Obama authorized and built and blaming Trump for them. They make me realize how low Congressional campaigning has become. There was a time when Clutch warned posters about comparing people to Hitler and booting them if they used "Nazi" slurs. Now it is commonplace. All of these are indications of how uncivil, myself included, have become. Sad.

Perhaps Schumer is right. The President, like Obama, should take out his pen and draft a series of executive orders -- orders the next President can rescind or perpetuate. Congress is no longer relevant … scary, but that is where the country is headed. We have already seen how college professors and their mindless students no longer allow dissenting opinions. The cradle of free speech -- Berkeley -- has been overturned.

Trump, like Obama, and successive Presidents for life could just order all illegals families returned home by military transport. No more "cages" would be needed. Instead, we can begin executing MS13 gang members as well as drug smugglers / sellers on conviction. The next step is to vacate any judicial orders that violate the edicts of the land. That would validate the Nazi accusations.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. thumbs

I believe this Ben White as much as I do Kamala Harris. "Fast and Furious" Obama tried to have it both ways with "catch and release" and authorizing and building cages for separated children.

Before families are "reunited" the parents and children should be DNA tested to determine whether they are parents and children or even related. Many, if not most, of these children are sent here to be drug cartel mules. Parents who are not THE parents should be prosecuted as kidnappers.

sugrlndkid likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

You can choose to believe or not believe Ben White and Kamala Harris, but you ignored the factcheck.org article that White linked as the basis of his tweet.

And "the many if not most of the kids are sent here as drug mules" claim? Sure would have to see reputable support for that inflamatory claim. Other than of course, newsmax and Steve King's condemned (by members of both parties) hateful claims

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/steve-king-drug-remarks-094669

8. thumbs

BTW, I know what Newsmax is but have never read/listened (whichever) to their message. I put them in the same class as a Farakhan message. However, your whitelist still admits Obama authorized, built and used these "cages." Obama's policies greatly exacerbated the illegal immigration problem, and now President Trump is saddled with resolution. I believe just transporting all illegals, despite their ages, back to their countries of origin is the only practical resolution. Those countries should be tasked with solving their own problems whatever the consequences to their leaders and citizens. It is the only way to treat/heal our own wounds.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, so it's getting down to "only" about 1000 a day, why not build a proper wall to help that drop even further and then you can focus on other things?

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Probably deserve it's own thread... define today populism (not same as past) for pretty much the whole world, from EU to Asia, and how immigration fit into it.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Waste of money and resources.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would allow you to spend less every year stopping the 1000 or so a day that you catch (and would potentially stop the many, many more you don't catch) crossing the border illegally. If you actually managed to stop the flow of illegals from the southern border, I don't think there would be all that much opposition to amnesty or path to citizenship legislation. Right now, those things are non-starters so long as you have a leaky border.

It would be expensive, sure, but when you consider all of the BS that the US wastes money on, it's nowhere near the most wasteful and it would potentially do a lot of good.

14. NewRoxFan

Folks that believe going after the employers for hiring undocumented workers...

PRESIDENT TRUMP HIRED UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS FOR $4 AN HOUR FOR DEMOLITION PROJECT: COURT DOCS
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-undocumented-immigrants-tower-demolish-724845

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The minimum wage was $3.10 an hour in 1980 and $4 in 1980 is equivalent to nearly $13 today. Whine about him hiring illegals, don't whine about what he paid them. It seems like I'm just constantly having to point out intellectual dishonestly in the propaganda you guys post.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Thumbs, you are just starting to realize this now :) Did we forget the moment, "you lie" during a state of the union speech ? I don't know when it started, but probably long before that...

Yes, Congress is pretty useless. Their one consistent "useful" function, as demonstrated through most of Obama's term, is to obstruct. If you are afraid of an executive branch going rogue, a divided government - splitting the WH and Congress party is your best chance. As is today, this Congress is close to being an extension of the executive branch.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but he WAS lying.....

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everything on the right is lies about immigration.

Illegal immigration is in decline. They commit less homicides than the population, not more. And they ad to the economy and save us all money.

Can we just be honest and just admit this is all about race?

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My guess is that Mr. trump is terribly jealous of "President" Erdogan of Turkey right now. It looks like he "fixed" the snap election he called in order to insure a "victory," which will give him enormous powers, making the Turkish parliament a "rubber stamp" for all practical purposes. Erdogan is intent on destroying the secular society Turkey has had for many decades. He wants Turkey to become an Islamic State and apparently wants the power far too many leaders of those kinds of countries possess, as well. Tens of thousands of government employees and journalists have been jailed indefinitely since the "coup." News outlets have been intimidated.

Yeah, I think trump would love a similar outcome here. Perhaps not the Islamic State bit, but rather a "Christian" one of a similar stripe. The fellow has a bizarre fascination with dictators, oligarchs, and strongmen of one kind or another. Immigration, for trump, is just another tool to create chaos in America, to divide our country, and to further confuse his already deeply confused supporters, in my humble opinion.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. thumbs

The Erdogan wish you attribute to President Trump is a bit of a stretch, even for a loyal Democrat, Deckard. IMO, Trump's "fascination" for strongmen is rooted in trying to resolve the enormous global problems Obama left for him. The President must conduct talks with all of them to resolve each crisis, major or minor, long or short term.