1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solution for the PF Position

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ACL1, Jan 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Is there anyway we can get Brian Grant from Miami?
    Anyway at all?

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Show him the money.

He's a hard nosed PF.

I like Brand better. But BG wil do. :)

3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I've ALWAYS liked the guy... we really don't need to much offensive production from the 4, so I'd love a junkyard dog to clean the glass, D up, and gets points (in that order of importance).

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

NO Brian Grant for the Rox!! He just doesnt fit our Game. Brand would be a perfect fit, CD needs to get it going!

5. alaskansnowman

Here's the real solution to the PF position:

Wait and give time for Griffin to develop.

Wait and give time for MoTay to get fully recover from his injury.

6. pchan

pchan Member

My solution to the pf woe would be to get Tim Duncan..
    the guy is fundamental and consistent and tough, and he does all that so quietly. he would be perfect pairing with yao
    they would be the "two towers"...

is there any way we can get Duncan?

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Quit trying to be so sensible.

8. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Well if we are dreaming...
    We could trade Cat and Griff for A. Staud.

Then we would have a lineup of:

Steve
    Posey
    Bokie
    Staud
    Ming

I'd rather have Griff and Mobley though.

9. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

Paul Gasol..(table slamming)...(bumbumbum)...Paul Gasol. I was over the ESPN board, the Paul Gasol trade just got heat up. He is somewhat similar to Dirk Norwitzki. Is Dirk a flawless player? I don't hear ppl talk about his weaknesses!?

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

Brain Grant - Wrong side of 30. Has a $12 mil per year contract (our money can be better spent on a much better player).

Stoudemere - Safe to assume that he is not on the trading block, unless you are offering Yao or Francis.

Gasol - see above

Keep up the good work Eddie Griffin!!! :D

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team has proven that it can easily win without big contributions from the PF spot. We can afford to wait on Griffin and Taylor.

12. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

The solution is EG! Be patient!

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I wasnt thinking of doing anything to Griffin only
    have him play small forward and Brand play the Power position, together with Posey they could interchange. Taylor and Rice are on the downward path, we need uplifting players.

14. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

Thank you Yetti. I have been trying to put that in words.
    WC is too threatening. And it's getting worse. The Sonics are falling apart, but they play without BB and Kenny. So far, the only uplifting players I see now in the team are Yao, SF, Cat, Cato, and Posey. Rox need more than those 5 to win consistently or maybe build a longer winning streak.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What exactly makes you think Taylor is on the "downward path" ? Oh, and you are crazy if you think Griffin could play SF. The guy isn't even quick enough to guard some of the faster PFs, let alone most SFs. Plus, by defending SFs more on the perimeter, you take away the best facet of EG's game, his weakside shotblocking.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There's the problem - stop going to the ESPN boards. Just because trade rumors heat up over there doesn't mean squat. Why would Memphis trade Gasol?

17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Memphis wouldn't trade Gasol unless Yao and/or Franchise were involved. The same thing goes about Duncan, although I think San Antonio would insist on Yao AND Steve to let go of TD. Amare Stoudemire is in the same boat, untradable.

18. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I think we do need a PF. Griffin hasn't shown any development whatsoever in his game. Horry II maybe? He doesn't seem to have the right attitude to want to succeed near the basket. Can that be taught?

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

First...his name his PAU Gasol.

Second...Dirk has flaws. There was a lot of talk about his lack of defense (which pretty much went for the whole team too) and low post intensity after the Mavs' exit from the playoffs last year.

Third (and this is just in general here)...why can't we just exercise some patience and let the players we put stock into develop into the players we expect them to be (and are fully capable of being). It's not really fair to give EG a death sentence before even finishing his second season. And as for Mo T, he's had to recover from his injury AND work his way back into the rotation after spending much of this season riding the pine. We got the players, just be patient.

...though Brand would be nice ;)

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Plus, what we DON'T need is another offense weapon...we have plenty of those in Steve, Cat, Yao and Rice (to a lesser extent)...what we NEED is a PF who isnt afraid to bang heads down low. EG has proven he can do that, maybe not on the offensive side yet, but on the defensive side (where he is truly needed), yes.