1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Solomon] Adelman's career at crossroads

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nathan8, Feb 14, 2011.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Don't overvalue this year's Ish or undervalue this year's Brooks. The Rockets won't.

2. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I agree Turner would be a nice choice. Rick be waiting and waiting. It time for something to happen.

3. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

[​IMG]

You're kidding right? :cool:

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

ONE of the reasons for the bad record. The other is Yao. Sigh...

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sigh Hugo Green (si) ... there are only 5 players on a basketball court and at least one needs to be top notch for the team to be good; two to be very good and three to have parade plans as part of the program. Our lads are good, we anticipated a return of a top notch Yao (by ASG). His foot failed him, leaving Rox wandering in the predeadline desert waiting for Nugs to swap Melo so DM the GM can close on Nene and...and...and Josh Smith?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

See you at the crossroads
    so you won't be lonely
    And I'm gonna miss everybody and I'm gonna miss everybody

1 person likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Adelman isn't a great coach,but a very good one when he has a full complement of players. I will miss him when he leaves.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

How does Thib get so much of the credit for the Celtics? KG happened, no ifs and buts, the guy is the best pick and roll bigman defender to ever play, exceptional everywhere else, without him their defense sucks, with him, they're great.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think I would agree to that. He is very good, but not great, and his entire record reflects that.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Except Thibs is doing the same thing with the Bulls without KG.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/2011_games.html
    The Bulls are #1 in defense with 99.9 pts per 100 possessions, even better than the Celtics with KG.

#70 BetterThanEver, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  11. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Adelman retiring this year would piss me off, frankly, because we have built this team around his system and his favored personalities. I'd be pretty pissed to have Brad Miller floating around for a couple more years with Adelman's offense. Our current personnel precludes a more post oriented, defensive minded system. What coaches are out there who are on the slidelines and have motion oriented systems? And please save us your witty "Jerry Sloan" comment.

12. worzel gummidge

Phil Jackson's demeanor on the sidelines and his system are very similiar to Adelman's.

13. Rockets_4_life

THIS^^^^^

14. lalala902102001

Adelman is not a coach to preside over a rebuilding situation, which is what the Rockets will be for the next couple of years. If it is time to part ways then I say good luck RA.

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Poor Rick. He deserved a lot better. The Rockets have definitely been cursed the last few years.

Too bad if he does retire. For a while there I was hoping both he and Mutumbo might actually get a ring with the Rockets.

16. mrjuandiego1988

he isnt a great coach? disagree, adelman is one of the better coaches that the nba has had! there aren't too many coaches adelmans caliber in free agency! ... he has a crap roster and doing what he can with what he is given! which is POOP