1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Soccer] USMNT friendlies & beginning of WC 2014 Qualifying

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, May 25, 2012.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

My prediction :eek:
    1. JAMAICA
    1. MEXICO
    3. HONDURAS
    3.5 USA

Jamaica had been tearing it up in their group stages, save for their first game against Antigua. :eek: I think they'll go to the Big Dance.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The roster for Wednesday's game against Russia has been released. It'll be interesting to see what some of the younger guys can do, assuming they get playing time.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
    DEFENDERS (6): Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nuremberg), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim)
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Michael Bradley (Roma), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Joshua Gatt (Molde), Joe Gyau (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)
    FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (Chivas USA), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Herculez Gomez (Santos Laguna)

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I had no idea about this game. I hope some of the less experienced get to play. With nothing else scheduled, this should be the last game of 2012.

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Timmy Chandler, that's an interesting one.... guess he and Jürgen had a heart-to-heart or something. As far as I know, he's still not cap-tied to the USMNT, right?

5. DrLudicrous

Right, he's avoided any game that would cap-tie him.

6. leroy

Is there any chance he gets a call up to Germany? I'd have to think his opportunities at a World Cup would be much greater with the US, especially given the lack of depth in defense.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We don't need any player from the US squad, Germany is stacked with world class talent.

8. leroy

[​IMG]

Why is it that people from other countries think that we US Soccer fans are so delusional as to think we're in the upper echelon? Do you think we don't know that Germany is a better team? Just because we beat Italy this year and Germany choked against them in the Euro doesn't mean any of us have delusions of grandeur. We're still a team who's goal is to get out of the 1st round. Only the uninformed assume that the US is more than it is...a solid team that can, on a good day, hang with some of the best...but one that is still struggling to find the depth needed to be an actual contender.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Uhm...you asked if there's a chance he gets called up for the German team. And I simply answered that we don't need a player like him. Don't get why you start a rant.

10. leroy

Never mind.

#350 leroy, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe I should've done it in a more diplomatic way alà "I'm afraid there's no interest from Germany atm for whatever reasons, but he's a great player. :)"

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How do you say Scrub in German?

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lusche.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice strike by Bradley!!

1-1 in the 77th minute.

15. DrLudicrous

Apparently we should just stick with volleys.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Great game to watch, but the US just looked horrid. A lot of ups and downs but overall USA is lucky Timmy was there.

17. leroy

Didn't get to see it but 2-2 in Russia with no time together before hand and a lot of new faces isn't a bad result.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ Agreed. Any country having the visitors tying you will think of it as a loss, even if the scores say draw. :( Nov 2, 1997

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i missed it....