1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, where's everyone at with Jalen going into next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, the "haters" think Jalen Green is a horrible shooter because of his consistently being one of the worst shooters in the league.

Being bottom 10 in the entire league in FG%

Being bottom 15 in the entire league in 3 point%

Being bottom 25 in the entire league in TS%

Those are the main reasons the "haters" think that Jalen Green is a terrible shooter..... you know, because it's a verifiable fact.

Now, I'd be interested to see why the delusional fanbois think he's not a terrible shooter, because that's quite the mystery.

2. Ancient Moabite

If you were following our back n forth earlier then you would see why I even mentioned Sengun

Booby entered Sengun name into our convo

I was clearly talking about the list of HS players who went straight to NBA

Which is why I said what I did about Sengun

I also mention how Sengun playing and winning MVP in that league helped him prepare better for physical nature of NBA .... Which is why Luka and others have said overseas is more physical than NBA

I've been on here claiming they are the future Rockets duo

Booby just doesn't want to post the embarrassing metrics for those HS players after they finished 3rd yr......so he deflects and mentions Sengun

And then has you replying not knowing he baited you into his BS web

3. sefril

sefril Member

Okay so Jalen is 6’6
    yet in the very next post, the article that you quote says Jalen is 6’4 :D

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It gets even funnier when you realise that you were being incredibly kind to Jalen by saying 25%.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

There were a few or so who had Sengun mocked around top 5 or so

But to answer your question

Based on the collective drafts there has been many blunders of picks by front office dull tools & dim bulbs....

Off top when Pistons decided to go full Darco over Melo.......and the Clippers old regime use to make plenty annually with dim bulb decisions like the Candi-Man giant who was a dud of a Center

And its so many more I can name that its funny you would ask such a question

Wasnt Tilman a dim bulb just 3-4 yrs ago?

Now his core 6 rebuild has him on up n up right? He is more of a competent owner right? Fresh off almost 20 game win improvement

6. Ancient Moabite

Imagine trying to dislike a young talented player (your team drafted that you didn't want), so much that you won't compare him to his actual player development peers (HS to NBA leap), and all you can come up with is mentioning.......

Sengun

Who has absolutely nothing to do with the 35+ players who have been drafted straight out of HS in NBA history

Still waitin on that remix Metrics list.....killa/kiddo

7. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

I think Jalen improved his all around game a lot this year - defense and rebounding improved for sure.

For me, and hopefully for the Rockets front office, it comes down to the contract cost for his extension. If Jalen wants the max and makes the Rockets front office believe he wouldn’t be happy without the max, you trade him this offseason. If Jalen is realistic about a contract, I could see the Rockets paying him 4-5 years at 20-25 per year. I would be surprised if Jalen signed a contract extension for less than $100 million guaranteed this offseason.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine still trying to make excuses for why a player STILL sucks at basketball after 3 years in the NBA....

Again, at what point do you think Jalen will magically stop being terrible at basketball?

His "peers" are those in the NBA....and he's STILL one of the worst. How long do you think your excuses makes that acceptable?

Can he still be dogshit in year 5? How about year 7? Will you still be using the "but he came out of high school" excuse?

How long will you keep up this comedy routine?

9. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

One thing is that fans of other teams don't watch our guys or other players on teams outside of the top/glamor teams anywhere close to what we do. Most of the national media is like that too other than a few folks like Vecenie. I'm not really trusting Warriors fans to do a good job assessing best approach with Jalen. If I hadn't watched the guy as much as I have I probably would be more in the camp that he's more likely just figuring out rather than he got hot and had a pretty ideal schedule.

My trade price for him would still be a lot higher than it was in February though, just based on the outside chance he can ever put it together regularly like that. Idk if that's a deal for Murray though since I've barely watched the Hawks since he's been there. Without a doubt I'd package him for Bridges or Markannen .

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So? Like is that supposed to magically shorten his height? They have is 19 year old measurements and didn't update.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've seen our own fans compare Whitmore to Green without analyzing any differences in their role and the defenses loading up on them or not. there are emotional media NBA analysts I trust that are far more nuanced than the vast majority of Green haters here who just spit out a ts% and call it a day.

12. jb86

jb86 Member

Jalen is going to stay. Also, he will gain muscle and a higher level of consistency.

13. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

“The only criticism… is that he was slow to improve his offensive efficiency..” He is a SHOOTING GUARD. His job is to score and to score efficiently. He doesn’t score efficiently consistently. That is a big problem. It isn’t lazy to see what his trade value is now rather than when he is an expiring contract to get the most value we can. The other thing is thinking about fit moving forward. Is there a better fit out there in trade?

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Jalen has shown incremental progress overall, but his defense, playmaking and toughness improved. That's a win.
    His shot is the key. I would hope the team empowers him to seek the midrange jumper. That gets him going and that seems to be essential to everything else. If Jalen can improve his outside shot then everything else opens up for the Rockets.

Corrosion and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes :D

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For the record, my dim witted friend, there hasn't been a player to make the HS to NBA leap since 2005.

17. sefril

sefril Member

Ah i see, so the other data in that article is updated like age, season, weight, but not the height.. okay then.. :D

18. Ancient Moabite

See the list and where they were at from yr 4 to 5

You know you scared to drop that remix list

No his root peers are the 35-40 list who came straight out of High School to NBA and you can clearly see the proper trajectory of the crap shoot

LeBron is in the same circle and is #1 on that list, so you don't have to post his metrics, he was day one all NBA caliber as he showcased

As long as the Fluke gives us that Feb to end the season stretch of 23 games(#23 Jordan-esque in March 8 game fluke stretch) For at least 60-65 then he will be on par with the other HOF on that list by their year 4 season

Its usually when they take off or be gone/ on way out

Its why the fluke gave you a almost West Conf. Player of Month award, his first two seasons he wasn't close

He trolling you until next Oct.

Its pure comedy for you to think comparing something that actually happened is making excuses

Like you can compare the history of that HS only class, just like you can compare the 2021 draft class

But if you come straight out of HS and I do a Duncan NCAA run from same class, then that is not being evenly fair, especially if i played for NCAA powerhouse/coach who was grooming me for next level, I'm way ahead and not all are Bron( or even Amare)

The first thing is when Green plays consistent next yr (March-esque) you will still have to say he sucks, you exiled yourself to Mobley (1 dimensional) Island

#638 Ancient Moabite, Apr 15, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  19. Ancient Moabite

And?

What does that mean?

They changed the rules?

Oh my

Lets Spygate the list, burn it and erase it from NBA archives

I notice you haven't post the list because you would look dim wit silly, rather in 2005 or 2025 or 2075..... The list remains

Show me what Martell Webster metrics Looked like after 3rd season....post his 4th season numbers also

C'mon killa/kiddo

You are the metric master(if it fits your woodwose rebuttal)

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jalen was not good at all down the stretch of the season in April.. This remains his issue. No consistency and no reason to believe next year will have him be the foundation of the team for the duration of the season like some seem to desperately be clinging to.

Sengun and Amen are the future of this team.