1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Bellinger can e.a.d. There’s been serious rumors about dodgers doing the same ****

Rock Block, lw17 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

3. SemisolidSnake

As a final word in this thread, I'll just say this. No, the Astros 2017 title is not tainted. However, as Astros fans, we'll never be allowed to talk about it in public ever again as a source of pride, so, in that sense, it might as well not even exist. It's similar to when you really like a TV show (or whatever) and have some good and bad things to say about it, but your friends and everyone else HATE it. Doesn't matter why they do or if they make sense; you'll never talk about that show around them again just to avoid conflict and drama. You're silenced and isolated. It sucks. Oh, well.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

You go ahead and feel that way. I'm wearing my gold star Astros cap in DFW asking Rangers fans where's yours.

5. msn

msn Member

Here's to eliminating the Yankees again in 2020.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I really hope with all of me that Stros come out dominate the league. Give a big middle finger to everyone

lw17, Jared Novak, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

smh, how embarrassing

BaselineFade and arkoe like this.
  8. Beezy

Beezy Member

Gigantic ass asterisk for anybody that's not an Astros fan.

9. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

screw their asterisk

I'm wearing my hat proud and challenging anyone who says it wasn't legit

htwnbandit, lw17, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  10. msn

msn Member

You know want would be great: if we let the league in OPS and in lowest k%. Again.

Rock Block and plates300 like this.
  11. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

This! FTMFW!

lw17 likes this.
  12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Astros are and forever will be 2017 World Series Champions. That is a fact that will never be erased. That said, I may always feel a little pang of sadness because, like it or not, their best and worst moment, their 2017 title and the sign stealing scheme, are forever connected.

But shoot, I will always be proud of the team, and wear it and display it wherever I go. First, I just want the stench of this offseason to be behind us, cause winning sure does cure all.

REEKO_HTOWN and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to say if Astros cheated so much, they suck at it, looking at their home and away stats for 2017.
    At home, the Astros as a whole had a slash line of .279/.340/.472/.812. However, when playing in other stadiums they had a team slash line of .284/.351/.483/.834.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think it's a clear asterisk. I hate to say it, but that's just how I feel. Still the champs, but not quite the same.

They cheated. They knew they were cheating. It is a sad day for Houston sports.

BaselineFade and Sajan like this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's not like winning this one title was going to make us some historic franchise. We are not the yankees/red sox/giants/dodgers/cardinals.
    We went to the WS 3 times and got 1 title out of it. Win a couple more and no one will remember this scandal. Until then, ya there's an asterisk. Especially for the next few years.

Plus if you think championship teams are not cheating, you are being naive. Re: patriots.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

• "...the Astros continued to both utilize the replay review room and the monitor located next to the dugout to decode signs for the remainder of the regular season and throughout the Postseason."
    • "For the Postseason, a portable monitor was set up on a table to replace the monitor that had been affixed to the wall near the dugout."
    • "Although I appreciate Hinch’s remorsefulness, I must hold him accountable for the conduct of his team, particularly since he had full knowledge of the conduct and chose to allow it to continue throughout the 2017 Postseason."
    • "I find that the conduct of the Astros, and its senior baseball operations executives, merits significant discipline. I base this finding on the fact that the Club’s senior baseball operations executives were given express notice in September 2017 that I would hold them accountable for violations of our policies covering sign stealing, and those individuals took no action to ensure that the Club’s players and staff complied with those policies during the 2017 Postseason and the 2018 regular season."

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wish they had the same F U attitude as the Patriots. ;)

"OK, you caught us. So what. We're gonna go win another 3 Super Bowl and hell no we're not firing Belichick."
    or the Saints. "Hell no we're not firing Sean Payton for bountygate."

Gray_Jay likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

which is exactly why I don't care

I don't feel saddened or lessened by this news

We were better on the road than at home

We won the chip on the road too

They can all suck my hog

20. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Which would be a possible reason why Andrew Friedman shrugged his shoulders when informed of possible Astros cheating in the 2017.

"What was I supposed to do - call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?"

RayRay10 and cmoak1982 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.