1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So one of my best friends had a heart attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Crazy. We just celebrated his 50th 3 weeks ago.

He had a mild heart attack 5 years ago, but it was caught in time.

This time, he and his wife had just got done working out at around 6:30. He called one of our other buddies to wish him a happy 50th too. (Btw, for their combined 50th the got a mechanical bull that we're still all sore from)

So when Bobby texted Josh to thank him for the well wishes, his wife responded. After the workout he was getting nauceous and his jaw started locking up. He knew something was wrong, so they got him to the nearest clinic. His left side went numb and he started telling his wife stuff he wanted to share. Then he went into a massive seizure with arms twisting up. And then he coded and flatlined.

For over a minute.

The people at the clinic were able to revive him with CPR and a defibrilator. He has some broken ribs but is recovering. Turned out his stint from the first one had clogged. Still don't know why or how that happened, and we personally know doctors.

And, mind you. This is a very fit guy. Fitter than most of my other friends, including myself.

Enjoy the time we have here, friends. Nothing is guaranteed.

Yung-T, Deckard, boomboom and 4 others like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope your friend makes a full recovery.

We are getting up there in age where this stuff happens.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

We all talked about it yesterday during our fantasy draft. We are all creatures of habit. The first heart attack, he decided that he'd only drink tequila with fruits because it was all natural.

We're assuming the doctors are going to say stop drinking entirely, and we all doubt he will do it. I wouldn't.

Life comes at you fast. My buddy is the one on the right 3 weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Both of these guys were using Peleton and Bobby was doing quite well. Josh has always been fit and even started one of those weird gyms in the past decade.

I'm overexplaining. but this is one place I feel I can vomit stuff.

I apologize if it's boring, but I've known these guys 35 years now, and our draft yesterday was with all of us high school kids. Who just all went to a greek funeral for one of our buddies dads (hate open caskets)

I don't what it was about our class at Bellaire, but I still know and cherish that school and our classmates.

And, BTW, the Mom said I had grayer then her... Still not dying it. yet...

#3 Roscoe Arbuckle, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    Yung-T, Deckard and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

And I am odd on here but I truly look at this as a diary. No issues (mostly) with any feedback.

Yung-T, Deckard and Nook like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Glad your friend made it. I hope it’s a wake up call.

My 41yo friend died of a heart attack earlier this year. I worked with a guy who died of a heart attack at 31. Another, who was a gym rat, at 38. My general contractor who played in the NFL, is 45 and had two in the past few years. 50 is not young by any means, especially if you drink and eat a diet of typical American food on a regular basis.

Exercise is only one part of the healthy living formula. Proper diet (including alcohol habits), sleep and stress management are the others.

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

How old are you? You're obviously successful, and I love that.

7. Xerobull

49 and I have three kids in school, 4, 7, and 16. They are why I try to live a healthy life. My wife is 41 so I have to stay pretty spry there, too. ;)

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

To your point, I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm not. My buddy watched me rewrap my Freebird burrito and ask that question.

But I like a glass of pinot when it suits the sitch.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Do you live in Hoston? I'm game to treat you to lunch or HH. You know I follow that stuff.

10. Xerobull

Yeah we can do that. I’m slammed with my new day job but probably in a month or so.

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

anytime. I'm pretty open. 281-748-4316. Tried the other way through the network but we all know I'm a moron.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

[​IMG]

Christ. Still my Fantasy.

Xerobull, Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fatty, I love your optimism when it comes to believing in the good in people. Posting your phone number here is certainly...optimistic.

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm in sales. My number is business. It's like when someone asked to block a number in the 90's.

It doesn't work like that anymore.

EDIT: I truly hope not. I had to change my name on FB for this nonsense a year ago. We shall see. I believe honesty should always prevail.

#14 Roscoe Arbuckle, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

And I still love that y'all call me Fatty. I wish Clutch would give that name back. At Least the original Fatty Fat Fat. The b*stard was on the langhi bet we all did years ago.

Deckard likes this.
  16. Roscoe Arbuckle

Jackass missed his Conference Call.

So I post this.

17. VanityHalfBlack

I’m sorry about your friend bro. I hope he pulls through. My dad passed away last July, cardiac arrest/dialysis complications he was 68. Sending out prayers man.

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

By the way in a sneezing fit and stayed up for a 1M call that demanded I call at this time.

Let's have fun.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You just can't trust hearts, the damn things are always attacking when you least expect it.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn sorry to hear that FFB and hope your friend fully recovers.

My business partner had a mild heart at around 45. He’s not in the best of shape. My drummer had one at the age of 39 and he’s in bad shape.

My dad had one at 54 and he was kn very good shape. He had it while swimming laps in a pool and felt it coming in halfway through the lap but still finished the lap. At that point he lifeguards got him out and started CPR. Because of my dad’s history I have to be careful and even though I’m in pretty good shape my doctors still warn me I’m at risk.