1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So now that Harden’s MVP race is over, What now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is in 2nd place at best right now...he might even be in 3rd behind PG...MVP is all about narrative and “what have u done for me lately”

the 30 point streak is being turned into a negative by the media...”he’s being a ballhog”...”he dribbles too much”...”it’s not fun to watch”...”that style of play won’t work in the playoffs”

What have Harden and the Rockets done lately? They’ve choked away big leads to OKC, LA, and other teams while losing games to the Wolves, Pelicans, etc.

The Bucks keep winning, and PG has been on fire having signature games left and right while also being in the convo for DPOY. I hate to say it, but if the voting were to happen today, I’d be absolutely shocked if Harden won.

Vivi likes this.
  2. farhen

farhen Member

ring > mvp shiiit

SWTsig and Vivi like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

If Giannis wins it this year it's deserved, definitely more than when Westbrook or Curry won it against James so, i'd be ok with that. In the end James already won it and team results is what we should focus on anyway.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Dang. That hurts, my man. I let you down. I am at the point where if we are not going to compete for a championship then I'd rather start the rebuild early while maximizing our assets. On the other hand, the integration of Faried into the starting lineup has given me a glimmer of hope that we can make some noise in the playoffs. I did not foresee that being a viable lineup or that MDA would actually give it a try. So all hope is not lost for me, Dad. :)