1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smith, Charles Barkley, Magic all picked Amare as ROY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivanyy2000, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

In tonight's TNT inside NBA, Smith, Barkley, Magic all picked Amare Stoudmare as ROY.

Come on, Smith and Barkley, show some love to Rox while being an ex-Rox.

They showed four stats of Yao and Amare, Magic said:"Look (Amare) the number !" Well, the funny thing is : Yao leads Amare in three categories except rebounding.

Smith said the only roster change in this two teams are the Rookies, now Sun in the playoff, so.....

Well, Sun are in the playoff because of Stephon Marbury, Shawn Marion and Hardaway. Marbury drop 40pts the other night aganist Lakers and Marion played great too.

So, all in all, I think co-ROY may be is fair for both players.

2. yingtchen

yingtchen Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah... whatever... Brothers gotta to back up brothers. :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

That is such BS.

I knew this was going to happen... if PHX muscles its way into the playoffs, those "voters" will tip the hat to Amare. The only way Yao can win ROY now is if Stern works his magic and pull and gets the votes. Imagine the "marketing" possibilities if Yao were to win this award. Stern is not stupid. He sees $$$ in China and knows Yao is the ticket to the goods.

Give Yao the ROY.

:D

theSAGE

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Truth is that Phoenix is finishing strong, while the only thing strong about the Rockets finish is the pungent odor coming from their rotting carcasses.

DD

5. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

LMAO... that is funny.

:D

theSAGE

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

It should be co ROY which is what probaly will end up happening. Its hard to complain if Amare wins though. he deserves it as does yao

7. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

After second thought, I dont blame them.

After all, if Yao had Paul Gasol's number last year, it will be no argument at all. For any reason, he didn't get that kind of number and only slightly ahead.

Yao need to know he didn't do it well enough to convince them he is the best Rookie and need work hard toward being the best.

Well, those Chinese NT summer training really make me worry about Yao's development.

8. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Dude shut the *** up! Yao has fell off with the rest of the Rockets at the end of the year. Yao had his ups and downs all season long. Amare came hard all year round. If anything Yao should get Co-rookie of the year, but he in no way beat out Amare. If we made the playoffs then their would be an argument for Yao's case but the bottom line is the last few months Yao has been way off while Amare has maintained a level of consistency for his whole rookie year. Can Yao make more of an impact for his team as compared to Amare in the future? Sure but in each's rookie campaign Amare has been the most consistent rookie this year. This site becomes more lame w/ each passing assesment made like yours. Stop being so damn biased to Yao. This year he deserves runner up for rookie of the year, things may have been different if he had a whole offseasons rest and got some practice time with the squad in the off-season. Being 7-5 not even Yao can reach the expectations that some folks here put on him. Thats unfortunate for Yao.

9. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

u851662 -

Are you high or what? Because Yao has had all of maybe four bad games in the past two months, you somehow equate that to struggling for the past 3??? WTF??? Buy a vowel and then maybe a clue to go with it...

Yao has been THE SINGLE MOST CONSISTENT PLAYER ON THE ROCKETS TEAM ALL FRICKIN YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason Yao hasn't had more of an impact is because of the stupidity of Rudy and company, and the selfish, punk-ass attitudes of S.F. and Cuttino Mobley.

Yao should be Rookie of the Year just for having to play with such stupid "arseholes", and also for having to deal with opinions like yours!!

10. Skratchy_Seal

Skratchy_Seal Member

How many people vote for ROY? I was reading this article from Mike Monroe and he said that they can't split votes. So would the only way they would share the honors is if equal amounts of people voted for each? I really don't know how this works and I know that Brand/Francis and Hill/Kidd were co-ROY before. Were they able to split votes then?

http://foxsports.lycos.com/content/view?contentId=1050300

11. spiral

spiral Member

first of all, i think yao ming topics should be banned from this forum. especially rookie of the year topics. who the f**k cares about that now? the rockets aren't going to win the championship, so f**k yao.

who cares if the rookie of the year voters choose amare? give amare the award. give him a crown. hell put all the media attention on amare. Make amare the next face of nike, reebok, or and1. put him on a wheaties box. give him all of the commercials. interview him every freaking second. ask him for a autograph whereever he goes. make yao anonymous. give him peace to rest his mind. let him rest in peace. i mean that. RIP like. :D :rolleyes: ;)

12. illadelph

illadelph Member

If the Phoenix Suns make the playoffs over the Rockets, then Stoudemire deserves ROY. I don't think there should be a lot of controversy over this.

I LOVE Yao and the Rockets, of course. But I can still be fair.

(Btw, if Rudy T. were coaching, the Rocks would be in the playoffs, and Yao would be ROY. Whadya think?)

13. IAmFromBeijing

How come all those fans don't get to vote for ROY?

Damn racist NBA! :mad:

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Well, the season series is 3-1 in favor of Yao and the Rockets.

15. IAmFromBeijing

How come all those fans in China don't get to vote for ROY?

Damn racist NBA!

(sorry about the double post since the edit button is disabled)

16. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon Member

All of them are racist, they can't be a NBA analysis.
    The people that I think should be a good analysis is Jordan and Waton, Mike.

17. spiral

spiral Member

i think you're all stupid. :D :rolleyes: ;)

18. coolpet

coolpet Member

if Yao play for a team like Grizzle, he will put up even better number than Paul Gasol

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yao has one very big advantage: 1 biiiillion chinese fans.
    Money talks, Yao will walk.

20. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Paul Gasol ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.