1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Slam Online] "Masterpiece Theater" Hakeem Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mickey_angelo, Mar 26, 2011.

1. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Quick Q&A w/Hakeem Olajuwon from Slam Magazine(#147). Talks about helping current players work on their post game, Stan Van Gundy's comments, Phi Slama Jamma, and the dream shake (quoted below)...

Here's the link for the rest of the Q&A:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/the-magazine/features/2011/03/masterpiece-theater/

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Hakeem is one classy dude.

3. Turpis

Turpis Member

Nice read. Anyone have a high resolution of the photo in the article? Please share if you have it.

4. dschwab

dschwab Contributing Member

Awesome. Can someone please put this in Wikipedia?

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I love Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon.

Class, grace, speed, power, intelligence, humility, athletic, strength, agile, explosive, smooth, controlled-aggression ... the complete player.

I could go on forever.

I still have his player mug, the box that my spaldings came in, his jersy, warm ups with tear away pants, the pin stripe jersy, clutch city & Hakeem video cassettes, (yes I know...) finals programs, hats any books, magazines with articles that I could get down under, and when I'm having a bad day I just watch him abuse David Robinson in the post and I feel great again.

Thank you Hakeem for the joy that you brought into my life, you complete me.

6. Roxs-Redemption

Great find and nicely read...Greatest HOF player for the Rockets

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Wow, I loved how Hakeem described playing in the NBA as science. Can you imagine if Thabeet, JHill, or PPat could learn that dreamshake?

It would have been interesting too if he was asked what he thinks of Scola's footwork. or who's the best in the NBA now at post moves.

I hope Hakeem gives more interviews and in fact, becomes a consultant with the Rockets.

8. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I used this exact move described in the article two times in a row the other day while in the middle of the game. Seriously the move is almost unguardable if players aren't aware of that particular move.