1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Slam Dunk Participants

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tierre_brown, Jan 5, 2011.

1. SunsRocketsfan

Ok that was the only decent dunk in there. Otherwise the others are very "zzzzzZZzzzzz" worthy.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

The 3 pt contest and Slam dunk/Score normal thing would just be boring.

The pickup game probably wouldn't be bad blood and I don't think it would be wise to pick an event that players can't choose whether they want to participant in.

3. SunsRocketsfan

What they need to do with the 3 pt contest is bring back some of the legends. I'm sure a lot of them can still shoot. Imagine seeing Bird, Reggie Miller, etc out there again.

Like pick 3 top Legend or past 3 pt contest winners vs the top 3 in the current NBA today.

Dunk contest I don't think they can fix unless they get some star players in there.
    It was all down hill after VC won it. I know JRich had some nice dunks also but for the most part it's lost its fun and entertainment.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

if its in LA and the chose Jennings since he was from So Cal

it boggles me why this kid wasnt picked, but his teammate was:

[​IMG]

5. Mr. Space City

I'm not saying he's gonna win but i think he has the ability to get some oohs and ahhs. dude was doin sick 360s and windmills at the jordan classic in high school.

[​IMG]

still gonna be out of mcgee and grffin tho

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pXuEqg7hEbI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pXuEqg7hEbI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:eek:

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I don't know why everyone thinks LeBron would save the dunk contest, he's definitely a power dunker, but he has very little creativity:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wyPsiBBOCes" frameborder="0"></iframe>

If there truly is no one wanting to participate in the dunk contest (especially youngsters and rookies), then get rid of it. However, I don't think that's the case. Expand the field to 8 or even 10. Let half of them be chosen by whoever the hell is choosing them now. Let the other half be chosen by a fan vote (with players that actually want to be in it submitting a tape of 3 dunks NOT done in game). Make the scoring occur after all the dunks of the round have happened so that it's more of a ranking and not a knee jerk score. I love the SDC, but the travesty it's become of late really hurts.

7. Rockets_4_life

Javale McGee could be very interesting.. I think his one of the few(if not the only one) who can touch the top for the back board.

He could try something like, putting the ball on top of the back board and reach for it to dunk it in! :eek:

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Game dunks sure... but...

Wth Serge and Brandon?

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

Can't get worse than last year!

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I haven't watched the dunk contest since that year Nate Robinson got about 40 tries to jump over someone because he kept missing, and when he finally made it he still got a good score.

11. Htown's2kFinest

Jennings was a terrible choice. I seen him in the McDonalds Dunk contest and he sucked. Couldn't even finish most of his dunks.

Serge Ibaka is probably gonna put the crowd to sleep.

McGee and Griffin will be the one's to watch.

Hoping to see Twill in it some day.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

They should compile a list of players who agree to participate and let the fan's vote. TBH, I look forward to this more than the actual All-Star game itself.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I completely lost interest in this contest after Iggy got robbed by the midget who took like 15 tries to do one dunk

14. BZ-B

BZ-B Member

not sure if srs :confused:

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hey, it can't be any worse than last year's dunk competition.

I do question the pick of Jennings though. When has he garnered a "Wow, I want to see this kid in the dunk competition" thought?

Also, Ibaka might surprise some people. He's one of my favorite NBA players, so even just showcasing his name makes me happy, even if he flames out in the first round.

McGee vs Griffin is going to be awesome.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i want iguodala to be back in. HE GOT ROBBED

17. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

During last years dunk contest. The commentators were hoping that Bud will be in the next contest (This year's). I hope they go to him because i want to see his REAL volleyball jumping skills

18. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I'll be waiting for Magic to say what hes been saying the past few years. The slam dunk contest is back .

19. FullMetal Sage

Was gonna point that out too.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Careful there UCLA, your bias is showing.

:)

I agree though Westbrook would have been great in it.

DD