1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Skiing] Headsup for people who ski in Colorado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Sep 20, 2013.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Vail resorts is now including France, Switzerland and Austria to their Epic Pass which already included all of Summit County and Tahoe. This is no blackout, unlimited access to all Summit County slopes, plus 5 days each in three major resorts in the Alps.

http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/passes/epic-pass.aspx

Generally speaking, 6 days of skiing breaks even on cost. So even the throngs of Texans on vacation in our Texas playground can benefit from this. Now, you can include a vacation to Europe on top of that for 5 days free at three different Alp resorts ... the epic Verbier resort, and more.

I'd say even people living in Europe could buy this, especially if you want to vacation in Colorado this year. I'm looking at you AroundTheWorld!!

Get this pass, and come visit! I'll be in Germany mid-January to do Verbier and more.

so jazzed

#1 heypartner, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

hopefully this rainy season means heavy dumps this winter

3. heypartner

Everyone wants big snow. Every year.

But what just happened is not a rainy season...and no one says "hopefully." I take it you don't live in Boulder, certainly not Lyons.

Some of my Allison friends say this is worse...Maybe. I'm still not comprehending it all. From my front...I only have 2 foster dogs this time

And I'll say the last national news van that left my neighborhood park on the "creek" (raging river of destruction) was NBC Houston. They know just when you think it is over...it's not.

4. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Why doesn't anyone say hopefully? Are people not hopeful for snow every year?

I was just talking about the increased precipitation.. that's all I'm personally concerned about

5. heypartner

don't wish for more...not yet...that's all we're saying.

that said...

FINALLY a regular freaking beautiful Colorado day in the last 3 weeks. My dog and the 2 fosters are so jazzed

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Yea until it can freeze.. what are temps like up there?

7. heypartner

At 10,000 feet? not as cold as you might think, because it is a "dry heat." :)

The midwest gets colder, but the mtns can have very windy days.

8. Buck Turgidson

Rocky Mountain Express.