1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Signs you are spending too much time on the BBS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Behad, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I'm sitting here at my computer, awaiting the next post from ANYBODY (boy these off seasons get longer and longer), and to kill time I'm reading some articles on other websites. I read a sentence that I just cannot agree with, so instinctively I reach for the mouse to hit "Reply with Quote". I stare at the screen for several seconds before I realize that there is no "Reply with Quote" button.

I really need to get to the library more.

Anybody else have OBD : Obsessive BBS Disorder?

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

you down with OBD...

yeah, you know me....

who's down with OBD?

[​IMG]

#2 rockHEAD, Aug 15, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2001
  3. rock

rock Member

You know it when...

It says, Welcome back, rock!

Current Time: 9:35

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Post that in the 1000 obessed fan signs thread!

I've done it too . . but I've done it when reading PRINTED MATERIAL!! I am thinking what to post about something, then I move my eyes to where the post button is, only to find I'm looking at a table. Then I realize I need a job, so I don't spend all day here!

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Still no job, Vengeance? :eek:

My job is so freaking boring.....as a result, I spend 10-11 hours out of a 12 hour day (or night) here. However, I spent only a miniscule fraction of my time away from work on the BBS, so it all balances out.

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Once you know more people from the bbs than people who aren't from the bbs, you have textbook OBD.

7. red

red Contributing Member

u cut your $hit break short so u can check to see if there are any new threads...

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I think that's when you have it real bad!

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

When you are talking to people in the "real world" and reference people on the BBS. (eg. well oielpere said there was an unsubstantiated rumor that the Rockets might pick up Eddie Curry) This is usually followed by quizical looks and questions like "Who is oielpere?" or because you are talking to non bball fans "Who is Eddie Curry?"

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Any real fan would have a laptop with either a modem or Ethernet connection to take into the bathroom with them... like HeyPee/CrisPee.

... we of the CC.net BBS are not easily impressed!