1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sigh] Longhorn Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Baseballa, Dec 2, 2010.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Fast-forward 3 years...

[​IMG]

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Welcome to 3 weeks ago.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

tryharder

5. ItsMyFault

Got two more today.

The Texas Longhorns continue their impressive run of early commitments. After picking up a commitment from one of the state's top defensive players in Deoundrei Davis on Sunday morning, the UT staff snagged a player from one of the Lone Star State's best offensive players on Sunday afternoon.

Longhorn fans, you can officially welcome versatile athlete Jacorey Warrick to the family. The Cypress Falls standout called the Texas coaches on Sunday afternoon to officially become the eighth commitment of the Longhorns' 2013 recruiting class.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1336221

I'm hearing there's a 9th too now.

6. bigtexxx

lol Texas has won their championships in February for as long as I can remember. OU, Bama and LSU win theirs in January

The horns' stellar classes didn't lead to a lot of wins the past couple years, that's for sure

1 person likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

OU? Someone hasn't been paying attention to college football for a while now...

8. ItsMyFault

Wellp the class was awesome. The only thing they've been missing is a QB. This is a top 5 team with any legit QB who can throw the ball. Rice? lol........

Texas is built to contend for a national title for the next 3 or 4 years with all of these players.

9. bigtexxx

With Ash at QB?

Sorry, but no.

10. ItsMyFault

Um, Texas has two really good freshman coming this year and next year. So yes. Do your research.

Texas will be a top 5 team if those two pan out, which I don't see why they wouldn't. Connor and Swoops that is.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

sorry but ive been noticing that youve been trying really hard in this thread. just thought id point it out

12. ItsMyFault

Whether it is on the football field, the basketball court or on the recruiting front, Lancaster defensive end Daeshon Hall has shown he is an explosive presence. At 6-6 and 225 pounds, Hall quickly caught the attention of teammates after moving to Lancaster, Texas from Seattle and he earned the respect of his opponents throughout the season.

There it is. No. 9 of the 2013 class. Texas rolling.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1336316

13. updawg

updawg Member

#10 is Kent Perkins

Stud OFf tackle. Committed yesterday

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

That kid goes to my high school, Cy-Woods (well, the school I graduated from). He's got the tools to be a real special player at the next level. He first started halfway through his soph season and made an immediate impact. No surprise that he broke out last season as a junior.

I got to know him by helping out my coaches during the summer. He's a bit of a clown, but for the most part he seems to have his head on straight. Congratulations to him, and I'm looking forward to see what he can do in Austin in a couple years.

Vids: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/592788/deoundrei-davis

15. ItsMyFault

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who's that at #2? I can't quite make it out...

17. ItsMyFault

Wouldn't be #2 if Texas wasn't stacked already coming in. Might even pass up A&M for 2013 by the end of the year though. Either way... what difference does it make? One word for Aggies.... SEC.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Horns just picked up a verbal from the nation's #1 center recruit. seeing as they can only sign 18 this year they are clearly swinging for the fences.

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Checking the link again, I believe it is the Texas Longhorns.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Texas A&M has some good players signed up this year ... I expect their ranking to degrade a bit as they fill out the rest of the class and lower their average ranking, but they have some good players - if they're able to hold on to them.....