1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Coach Sumlin, QB Keenum have Houston back on national stage

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ryan17wagner, Sep 24, 2009.

1. famicom

famicom Member

His demeanor reminds me of Mike Tomlin from the Steelers, hope we can get similar results!

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I would think that Reliant would love to host this game. With the local Tech alumni in Houston, yall could easily reach 50k for this game.

But yes, the Cougar band playing a little Rick Ross is solid.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

50K? Not so much.

The reason this game is getting buzz is because it is a perfect storm.

UH is ranked for the first time since Desert Storm... and Tech is coming off its best year in the history of its program.

Traditionally Tech has traveled poorly to Houston, bringing at best 3-5K... now I would expect 7-9K in Robertson, perhaps more at Reliant.

But any other given scenario, this thing wouldn't be such a major event and likely you could still get a ticket.

4. MykTek

MykTek Member

man, i remember the Miami game, Kingler was on the ground for 3/4ths of the game, i was only 13 at the time and it was depressing to see.

go Coogs!

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I think Boise State's stadium only holds around 33,000 as well and they have a heck of a home field advantage. Coogs would like that same type of advantage every game not just for Tech.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Red Turf Anyone???

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hey for certain games that wouldnt be a bad idea. I like it. But has to be a packed house for Red Turf lol.