1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we bring back Josh Smith??? He's on the trading block!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 9, 2015.

?

Should we bring SMOOVE home???

1. Yes! Did you know Josh Smith and Dwight Howard were AAU teammates???

78.2%
  2. No! The Clippers series last year was a fluke!

21.8%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jones for Smoove please just do it

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

No worries. The comparison is a good one

3. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

29/7/7 isn't enough for you?

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

bring smoove home please.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Didn't Morey offer more money than the Clippers? Wasn't Smoove aware that D-Mo was going to be out to start the season? Since it was back surgery for D-Mo, wasn't Smoove aware that D-Mo would be in and out of the lineup?

So how was losing Smoove Morey's fault?

6. ibm

ibm Member

that's probably more than enough for me, lol.

but .500 isnt. :eek:

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If Josh would welcome the smove i mean move... then sure, I'd throw em either a 2nd rd pick or Decker... maybe some cash considerations... maybe TJones for Smith + a 2nd...

8. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I was all about the Rockets bringing back Smoove this season and was very disappointed that we didn't as I'm sure he would have helped. Perhaps Morey didn't 'woo' him enough or blow enough smoke up his arse like Doc did, but the fact remains he chose to leave a good situation in Houston for the LA hype and now he's wasting away riding the bench there.

There's no way the Clippers are going to trade him back to Houston, though, ESPECIALLY after last year's playoffs, so this whole idea that the Clips are going to trade him to the Rockets is just a pipe dream. I mean, can you imagine how fast Ballmer's head would explode if the Rockets faced the Clips again in the playoffs and Smith torched them again?!

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

do ppl really agree with trading TJones for JSmoove? i think Clippers win in that deal.

10. awc713

awc713 Member

dont believe it works out Cap-wise either. This team needs a jolt of some sort, and TJones looks like the weak link. His inconsistency is killing us.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think we win by getting the better player AND by making them have Jones on their roster AND by shedding some salary.

Of course the Clippers would never take that deal.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If I was smith I would be begging for a trade

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't think the clipers would trade is smith period no matter who we throw at them so it's a moot point.

I think more than likely we play the clips in the first round as the 4/5 match up.

I think we can win that series but not looking forward to having to play the Warriors in the 2nd round and in all likelyhood another 4-1 beating of worse a sweep.

14. Fantasma Negro

Wtf? You would give Terrence Jones to Doc Rivers? He had Big Baby playing at his max potential. We've seen Jones' potential, and you want to give that to the Clippers? I mean seriously some of you guys need to stop being stingy and share your drug dealers, this isn't fair LoL...it makes more sense to just send a 2nd rd pick and cash. If DMo is going to be out for a significant amount of time this needs to get done

15. hakeemthagreat

We desperately need toughness at the PF position. Smith gave us that last year. Would love him back. But would he forgive us for not giving a role?

16. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Monday night, nice!

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ie7vrja7v5n/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

They don't give a **** lol

18. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Why Trade? Don't see anyone trading for Smith. Just wait until he is waived.

19. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

No we are not a Josh Smith away from a championship