1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we bring back Josh Smith??? He's on the trading block!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 9, 2015.

?

Should we bring SMOOVE home???

1. Yes! Did you know Josh Smith and Dwight Howard were AAU teammates???

78.2%
  2. No! The Clippers series last year was a fluke!

21.8%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Would I like him back on his 950k contact? Yea.

Do I ever see it happening? Hell no.

Josh Smith left us for less cash and less minutes, to go to one of our rivals who we went to 7 games with last year. All so he could live that LA life. He betrayed the fans, Houston, Howard and the Rockets. Smith is the enemy.

2. DMO (DJ remix)

Second most overrated player on this board. (leader is DMO, his worshipers are just everywhere lol )

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

For a team that emphasizes shooting so many threes, the Rockets really have poor 3 point shooters.

I was fine with us getting Josh Smith last season. He was waived by Detroit and we were able to sign him without giving up anything. I would have been fine if we signed him to this offseason to the same deal that he got from the Clippers. I would be fine trying to re-sign him if the Clippers waived him (they won't). All of those options we could get him without losing any one.

Even with as bad and inconsistent as the Rockets have been this season, there isn't a single player on the roster that would trade for him.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

While I agree that Motiejunas is probably overrated, it's funny that the person who said this has the username of "DMO"

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Bringing back Josh wouldn't magically solve the problems we are having this season. So, why even do it?

6. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Free J-Smoove.

7. DMO (DJ remix)

Quite possibly, i support him because his from my country, but i've been a long time Rockets fan before he joined the club.

1 person likes this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

dude, i'm not trading away Trez for JSmoove. and it would be really bad if we had to give up TJones or DMo for him. 3-way? i mean hypothetically i'd love it, but is this even possible?

9. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Nah. He left for a reason. They rockets caught lightning in a bottle with him last year. This locker room already has lots of negativity.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely not.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

don't be so ungrateful. j-smoove GAVE us a WCF berth last year!

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Absolutely.

What's the downside?

TJones can't play defense and DMo can't rebound.

He fills a niche.

13. jogo

jogo Member

I think you consider it. We have an open roster spot and getting him may mean we could trade TJones or Dmo. His contract is supercheap for his value.

Can we sign him to a 10-day to see how he fits?

His passing and defense would be welcome additions. I can see him passing out to Lawson and Thornton for 3's.

If we don't have to give up anything for him (he gets bought out) then I say kick the tires and see what you've got.

14. mockster

mockster Member

Does not seem likley but reports of shown they are shopping Josh smith and lance stephson. Also I heard they will look into trading Crawford

It would be awesome if we could scoop up Crawford and smith but seems unlikley. Maybe if s third and fourth team joined it could work that way

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Maybe Josh talked enough Trash to Dwight to keep D12 in line...Smith brought a toughness Rox are lacking right now looking back at the playoffs compared to right now..in my opinion anyways

16. mockster

mockster Member

A three team trade between Suns, rockets and clippers are endless

There is a dozen scnerios

But my fav is

Rockets in: pj tucker, Crawford, smith

Rockets out: tjones, kJ, Harrell or dekker, brewer

Suns in: lance stephhson, terrance jones, kJ, Harrell or dekker + draft picks [maybe another filler from clippers]

Suns out: Marcus Morris, pj tucker, + maybe another filler for clippers

Clippers in: Marcus Morris, corey brewer, [maybe another filler from clippers or rockets] + draft picks from rockets

There is literally so many scenarios that could work between the teams with duffeent pieces coming to us. It can be switched around so much whete we get Marcus Morris instead and etc. You can play around with it

It benefits all three teams to. Suns don't want Morris clips don't want smith or lance and rockets need uogrades.

17. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Nope, you can't go back. What's done is done. McHale was an absolute master, a genius, in his handling of Josh Smith last season and in building the team chemistry we had.

Josh is gone and of course so is McHale....and so are our chances at improving on our appearance in last year's WCF.

You got to be kidding...you actually think a 36 year old rookie head coach could handle Josh? LOL at the ignorance.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think we weren't contenders last year, Mavs series was closer than expected and Clippers messed up in an unmatched way.

One player leaving, especially with limited role, doesn't turn a good team in the trash, we're still talented. It's about effort and our franchise player not leading.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

into trash* damn phone

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I say yes, at least his dad would put an extra butt inside TC.