1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the league discipline Adams for his intentional dangerous play on Beverley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nivos, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Nivos

Nivos Member

Look at this:

I was shocked it wasn't an issue after the game, going back to last year's festival over Green's stupid cheap but not dangerous shots.
    You can clearly see Adams lowering his shoulder towards Pat's head.
    That was a clear intention to hurt a player, not just a hard screen.
    Can the leauge do something about it or can the Rockets organization ask the league to address that incident?
    Adams didn't even get a foul call for that.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yes but it's not happening!

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/nba101/misunderstood_0708.html

Illegal Screens/Picks:

A screen or pick is when an offensive player gets to a legal position on the court in the path of a defender for the purpose of slowing down the defender or making him change directions. An illegal screen/pick is when the offensive player does not get into a legal position. When picking a stationary opponent from the backside, you must give that player a step. When picking a stationary player from the front or side, a player can go right next to him as long as he does not make illegal contact.

If the opponent is moving, you must get to your position and give him an opportunity to stop and/or change direction. The speed of the player will determine the distance. You cannot just jump in front of a moving opponent at the last second.

----------------------------------------

Adams definitely jumped in front of Beverley at the last second, so it's a clear violation of the rules. The question is whether it was flagrant for turning / lowering the shoulder.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

According to Beverley it was a clean screen. He even gave Adams props for it in his post game interview.

It's the playoffs, guys.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if it was nene making the same exact play on westbrook....flagrant 2

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

That would require Westbrook to play defense.

Brown Lost It, cdrive, Easy and 10 others like this.
  7. jbasket

jbasket Member

Nah. Encourage him to do it again so we go on a 50-0 run again.

8. Nivos

Nivos Member

I know it's the Playoff and I'm all for aggressive play, and I know Beverly is tough as nails but it's not about Bev.
    It's about intentionally trying to hurt another player.
    To me it looks like Adams knows exactly what he is trying to do. Leaning towards a running player, lowering his shoulder towards his head. Adams eyes were directed at his head when he lowered his shoulder.
    To me it looks like a much more dangerous play than a kick in the groin or an elbow to the head fighting on a rebound, which will automatically gets you a flagrant.
    I respect Adams as an aggressive player, like I respect Beverly, but this specific play to me looks like it was at least a flagrant 1

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i thought adams leaned in with his shoulder. so yes illegal.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Technically it was a foul because Adam was still moving slightly and more importantly leaned forward with his shoulder.

But Adams is slick so he hid it well enough that refs did not call it.

Pat probably had a concussion but then the concussion saw it was Pat and wanted nothing to do with him.

11. tarantula

tarantula Member

Hahaha, this made me laugh really

DonKnock likes this.
  12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

No. A personal foul should have been called for the angling of his shoulder, but I don't think it was either a flagrant or a suspendable offense. Most of the impact came from how hard Pat was coming and the fact that no one called the damn screen.

Geaux Rockets and DonKnock like this.
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm ok with it as long as Pat doesn't get injured. Pat is a warrior and heart and soul of this team. If you're an idiot opposition player who goes at pat like this, be prepared to be obliterated. OKC were within 5 and then hit a 3 to come within 2 at that point.

Pat then just took over and blew this thing wide open. Bev as it is plays with a chip on his shoulder, you wanna give him more chips, be my guest. Rockets will be happy to blow you out 4-0 dumb ****ers.

Adams has very low IQ

wouldabeen23, ISOBall and BigMaloe like this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Beverly isn't going to say it's a foul. I wouldn't say it's flagrant but it wasn't a clean pick.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Defensless receiver anybody....

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I have to agree on Pat being the Heart and Soul of the Rockets. I really think he is just as vital as James Harden is (not kidding). If you take a look at all the championship teams in the past, most if not all had a heart and soul warrior in the mold of MadMax, Rodman, Draymond Green (admittedly), Pat Beverley (Wolverine), etc. These weren't the "studs" or star hall of famers on their respective squads, but they just made the unit tick.

Without these types on said championship squads, I don't believe they would have won it all. In fact, I believe Harden thrives with Bev in the line-up. Something about that "warrior type" that gives the rest of the squad confidence in battle.

David

17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Different people will substitute different letters for the ****

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No. It was an illegal screen since Adams leaned his shoulder into Bev. Was it a dirty play? I guess that's up to the viewer to decide. But it's over. Bev is seemingly ok. And it sparked the Rockets to a blowout win. No need to add insult to injury(figuratively speaking only, I hope).

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You said Beverley sucked and that we needed an upgrade at point guard. That heel turn, lmao.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dude he was coming off injury and sucked at that point. Still better than your boy Lin.

Pen15clubber likes this.