1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shenzhen has become the first city in China to ban eating cats and dogs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Apr 2, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He thinks chickens are the same as dogs and cats

He can prove his theory by trying to sell fried dogs and cats in America and see what happens

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

People in America boil live f'n chickens? :rolleyes:

tinman likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

This guy gets crawfish and chicken confused.

But then again, that dude can't tell the difference between a dog and chicken.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Chickens aren't the same as cats and dogs. They aren't mammals and aren't as similar cognitively or emotionally (but still probably more similar than you think).

Domesticated pigs, on the other hand, are definitely the same as cats and dogs. They are extremely emotional and incredibly smart mammals.

Killing a pig is exactly like killing a dog or cat... if you take out your cultural belief base of pigs = bacon/ribs vs dogs = mans best friend/good boi's

I would love to hear a legitimate rebuttal as to why killing a pig is morally acceptable as opposed to dogs, that isn't based on a cultural belief system. Give me some science on why they are different, and why ethically the murder is different. Because if we raised and fed dogs on in the same manner as pigs in America, slaughtered them and packaged them exactly the same... that ethically it should be okay to anyone who is fine with pigs suffering the same fate? Americans who eat pigs should theoretically have no problems with dog ribs being on the menu's, here or in China, as long as the conditions for the animals are acceptable to the USA's standard.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Pigs have been consumed by humans across the word for thousands of years
    they have high meat and fat content which makes them takes good.
    they are also good for cured meats such as ham or bacon.

Except in the middle east where the jewish and islamic faith had some bad experience with pork and some how convinced humans for thousands of years it's unholy.

Don't really need to explain why normal humans don't eat dogs or cats.

6. R0ckets03

And who the hell is advocating to chop up "domesticated" pigs anyways? Plus we aren't barbarians that go to markets and enjoy live animals being butchered like some other **** hole countries.

I see culture being constantly brought up. Well its Two Thousand ****ing 20. If everyone is just allowed to stick to their outdated traditions then lets let Muslims have four wives, enslave the blacks, etc, etc, etc. Dogs and cats have been domesticated world wide for a few hundred years. The day I start seeing multiple chickens and pigs being walked on leashes at Memorial Park, I promise to stop eating them.

tinman likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not only are they highly intelligent, pigs more biologically similar to humans than dogs or cats. Biologists call them the "horizontal man". Every now and then, we transplant pig organs out of sheer desperation and because it's the closet to working, not man's best friend.

Conversely, cannibals call their food "long pig".

Cultural belief systems are among the worst mental poisons.

Yung-T, malakas, FrontRunner and 2 others like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Am I being trolled?

All farmed pigs are domesticated?

The confidence of such a ignorant post is impressive.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Saying we've eaten them for a long time is not an ethical justification. It's like going back and asking an American slaver why what he's doing is okay and he responds "we've been doing this hundreds of years". Are you gonna say "Oh ok makes ethical sense to me"?

Pig tasting good and being large fatty animals, also not an ethical justification.

Normal humans do and have eaten cats and dogs? There is no difference in a human who eats pigs and dogs, so if you going to trash people for eating one, accept that you are trash yourself for the same reasons for eating the other.

DonnyMost and malakas like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Slavery is human beings mistreating human beings.

Dog and cats are pets.

Pigs, Chicken, Fish, Cattle and seafood have been eaten by human beings for generations.

What's your next analogy? Chicken's right to have abortions?

@R0ckets03

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm going to eat a chicken sandwich with bacon for you lunatic vegans
    here

Thank you

Oh I'm going to make sure it's free range chicken and free range pork

@Os Trigonum

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I forget that I'm talking with you Tinman, I've seen your work in the Lin threads over the decade and should have known better than to try to have a good-faith debate with you.

I'm not saying eating pigs is the same as slavery, I think you know this right, you just can't legitimately reply to my post so you have to do garbage like this instead of critically thinking about something that shakes your own belief base.

I'm saying using the justification of "we've been doing (X) a long time, so, therefore, it's ethically okay" isn't an argument, it means nothing. Doing something for a long time doesn't make it ethical.

I also wouldn't quote the man who doesn't know what a domesticated animal is on this subject either. I guess he's akin to your Zboy in this thread, not sure why you feel the need to build up a coalition when having a conversation with somebody?

DonnyMost likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

Eating animals is bad for the planet

But animals eat other animals cause some of them are carnivores

However humans have shown sympathy and made bonds with certain animals

Horses,
    dogs,
    cats,, sort of

And humans normally don't eat other primates like monkeys

Now fast forward to 2020. China is roasting dogs and they have people steal pets .
    They are actually eating lots of wild animals.

So one city is finally doing something about it. Shenzen.

This is somewhat similar to Saudi Arabia letting women drive because it's a sign they may actually progress as a human society.

America > China for dogs and cats and other animals, THATS FOR DAMN SURE

R0ckets03 likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

You think this is anything like the Lin fans?

You know the ones who said he was better than HARDEN?

the ones who are still here saying that the Portland game where he proved he was a clueless and careless ball handler wasn't his fault?

The ones who called Clutch racist while they keep coming here looking for his interviews with Lin?

I don't know how many Lin fans were banned cause I got them to break the rules, but I'm happy as hell they were deleted.

I respect the pigs more than Lin Only fans anyday. Pigs are smart animals.

@Zboy

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is the crux of my point, just because a culture has appointed companionship to certain animals, doesn't mean these animals are suddenly unethical to kill, and that animals not given the companionship status by your culture are suddenly ethical to kill. In your culture, or any other one.

There is no ethical difference in eating horses, cows, dogs, pigs, cats, goats etc etc. These are all incredibly intelligent and emotionally mammals. Either you are against killing them, or your not.

You eat non-hominid mammals Tinman, therefore, you can't say anything about the ethically of other people eating non-hominid mammals. So when you say Chinese are backward ****s for eating dogs, I just see you calling yourself a backward **** for eating pigs.

Now I'm not calling anybody a backward ****, we all have different views on the ethicality of eating animals, I just want consistency. If you eat animals I understand, if you don't I also understand. But when you want to eat one animal and be a piece of **** and attack other people who eat the same types of animals, I can't help but to call out the hypocrisy.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

You realize it's not apples to apples

I didn't create the human race, so whatever happened in our history and animal history where we decided horses and dogs are our friends and chickens and pigs are our food happened

You watch the Rockets, James Harden vs your boy Jeremy Lin both can score points in a basketball game, but they aren't the same.

As for China, I'm not going to blanket all of them as dog eaters cause that's a minority. but a minority is like millions of people there and they eat millions of dogs.

Also, you have this crap where chinese dog robbers are stealing pets to be eaten.
    that's some sick stuff.

there's no hypocrisy just choices between humans and what animals our friends

you know plants are living things too, we eat plants , so are vegans hipocrites?

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This convo makes me revisit the questions I have for eating meat. Ofc, labeling The Other as alien could make it easier for me to waffle between either position or to follow an arbitrary crowd.

I'm always reminded of this video and how I felt it was when I first saw it.

jacoby likes this.
  18. R0ckets03

I hate watching those fn videos. Yeah USA is equally bad as **** hole China. :rolleyes:

I would have zero problems with those ****ing dog nappers being shot in the face or being boiled alive. In fact I would volunteer to do the job.

China is a **** hole for many diff reasons. Now I would say its treatments of the Uyghur Muslims is reprehensible, but you would have these freaks saying well yeah but who is USA to talk, look what we did to the Indians like 500 years ago.

tinman likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes pigs and goats are especially hard animals to cope with eating, because like dogs and cats they are good companion animals and are playful and very trusting of humans once a bond is made. You can find endless cute pets videos like the one you posted.

I know it's an incredibly hard and difficult conflict we have, most people will say, I obviously would never kill a dog, cat, horse, and most would say hypocritically, I would also not kill a pig, goat or cow if we met them in person and you handed me a knife, but we still eat these animals because it's all we have ever known growing up, we love the flavor and the meals, and we try to disconnect the food from the life taken.

I'm not mad at people who eat animals, just make it as humane as possible, and please don't be hypocrites, if you couldn't kill the animals your self you probably shouldn't eat it, and you definitely shouldn't arbitrarily draw lines between animals an attack other people for making the same exact choice you have.

DonnyMost and jacoby like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Look lunatics
    I eat salads and get an impossible whopper here and now

but not those people roasting old Yeller and snoopy in China

no way eating porky pig is as bad as that
    @R0ckets03