1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shenzhen has become the first city in China to ban eating cats and dogs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Apr 2, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well we need to pick and choose what we eat carefully

Nature gave us a hint that you shouldn't be messing around with certain creatures with lots of viruses

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah we shouldn't eat dirty street mice I agree not smart, food regulations are very important.

I was commenting on the ethical point, eating a dog is no different than eating a pig, so if we eat pigs we can't really say **** to other people eating dogs. Will everybody be happy when the Indians choose to enlighten us and forbid the consumption of cows? It's a holy animal you bastards!

Yung-T and jacoby like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not sure what @tinman's bizare crusade with China and the Chinese is . It vacillates between hard on hate and empathy whenever he feels the issue is on his team. This has nothing to do with "The Wuhan".

Real people are getting ****ed up over this and the resentment is growing.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what makes you think there isn't an effort to improve conditions here? THERE IS.

Not only that, just over the past year there has been a concerted effort to beyond meat. Sounds a lot like you;re saying so what if china does it since there is animal abuse here as well.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

This is the second time it’s come out China and the wet markets

A seafood market selling live bats ?

and yes screw the government of China
    They went after Morey , Muslims

they can’t even stop people from chopping up bats ?
    it’s not even about dogs and cats
    They have these unsanitary zoos where all the animals are peeing and taking dumps all over the place and on top of that you can get butchered in front of your face with blood splattering

screw them and screw Les for going overboard on the pandering

he screwed Morey hard . Nobody cares if Vlade Divac supports Hong Kong

but Les licking their butts shamelessly

at least now when I got on Toyota center all the ads are related to Houston businesses

not crappy Tencent iPhone games you can only get in China

LFE171 and R0ckets03 like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes people still get sick once in awhile from salmonella poisoning and get fat from consuming too much meat

but no back to back global pandemics

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dogs and cats were domesticated for companionship. Other animals, like cows, pigs and chickens, were domesticated for food. Every once in awhile they are taken as pets, but that is a relatively rare occurrence.

Artificial selection has shaped all of these species. For dogs and cats, we altered their genetics by artificially selecting for tameness and looks. For thousands of years we have evolved dogs and cats to be our companions. That's why its messed up to eat them lol. That is not true for the other animals.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yeah lots of excuses and butt hurtness over here by Chinese apologists. Fact is disgusting and freaky inhumane Chinese practices started this horrible pandemic. The government of China needs to ban these ****ing wet markets.

If the USA or India were doing this then I would advocate for the same thing. But we are not. Only the disgusting Chinese.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

In America, we fight for chicken

10. tinman

Supporting Member

There's scientific evidence that pangolins and bats can harbor and transfer pandemic level viruses
    and remember SARs happened cause of civet cats

lets just say you are down to eat all these animals, this place is third world filthy
    sanitary issues at the highest levels

11. R0ckets03

Cant watch that whole video. I would shoot all those ****in assholes.

Bandwagoner and tinman like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

no one can drop this , well american eat pigs and chickens etc

well yes, but they are in the butcher section, already chopped up, cleaned, refrigerated and sealed in plastic.

They AREN'T ALIVE

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't see them at the park in Houston

15. R0ckets03

Dude if Americans were out there chopping up live fn chickens, dogs, cats, rats, bats, lions, sharks, whatever else in farmers markets a big big majority of us would be mortified. Meat is regulated here as it should be. Can we treat our animals better? For sure no doubt. I try to eat grassfed free range meat, cage free eggs, more and more of the Impossible meat as much as I can.

To compare it to whats happening in that **** hole third world country should be offensive to all Americans. This has nothing to do with race. And everything to do with sanitation, treatment of animals, and also what kind of animals should be eaten.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Couple countries more to go.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/countries-that-eat-dog

[​IMG]

Lol at Switzerland.

Pretty big among the old in Korea, in Korean history.

I am not sure about cats as feral cats and civets are preferred over a house cat.

#56 daywalker02, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It kills me man, like cows and chickens I get it you need to survive but there is 0 reason to eat dogs and cats. It’s perpetuated by bullshit myths. Dogs love UNCONDITIONALLY. They trust humans with their lives and sometimes put their own survival behind their owners. It’s so ****ed up to torture them like they do overseas. Gonna hug my pups

LonghornFan and R0ckets03 like this.
  18. R0ckets03

I have two dogs who are my best friends and my kids. Reading anyone justify disgusting Chinese behavior about dog eating/torturing makes me want to punch holes in my wall.

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

No offense, but posts like these are why other countries think American people are stupid.

Look, I'm no China apologist. Far from it. But it's concerning to me how quick we are to bash the people of China for the foods they eat while being totally oblivious to the unspeakable violence we indirectly cause to other animals when we eat dinner every night. Most Chinese are not afforded the privileges and the affluence that we are given in America. I'd hate to see what happens if a few Chinese activists tried to start an uprising to ban the killings of cats and dogs in the meat trade. In most instances, those people eat what they f'n get and they don't ask much questions.

"There is 0 reason to eat dogs and cats."
    "We need to eat cows and chickens for survival."

Really? LOL. I guarantee the Chinese have more of a reason to eat cats and dogs than YOU do eating cows and chickens. Explain to me why eating cats and dogs is cruel but eating other animals who experience pain and suffering in the same way is "just survival"? It seems like you're creating excuses for your own unethical food choices while pointing the blame at Asians for the foods they eat. Look at the avatar I've used on this board for years. There's way more similarities between cows and dogs than there are differences.

Here's the reality. It's not a matter of life and death to eat chicken nuggets or hamburgers. You live in the richest country in the world. There are endless food choices in every supermarket that doesn't require you to kill an innocent animal. You can just as easily put down the ground beef and eat vegetables, beans, rice, and other plant-based options and be perfectly healthy. Most Chinese people simply DON'T have these luxuries. So before you go blaming them for their barbarity, look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're doing enough to end animal cruelty before chastising others for doing the same.

[​IMG]

#59 jacoby, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Invisible Fan and ThatBoyNick like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are you aware that only 2 places out of a vast country do it mostly?

Does being Amish represent all faith of America. Sure hope not.