1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shenzhen has become the first city in China to ban eating cats and dogs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Apr 2, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots of people have pet pigs...

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, but we easily could have. After watching Tiger King, nothing in the US would surprise me. :D

How naive to think the extremely wealthy don't eat crazy ass stuff here in the US too. Also naive to think that is is just the Chinese buying exotic "delicacies" in Wuhan. It isn't the locals eating this stuff. It is 100% bored rich folks paying top dollar.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

rich (douche bags) people in the USA typically hunt/eat Elk, Antelope, pheasant etc. If this disease was from Billy Bob drinking blood of a mule deer the blow back would have been massive.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Not to mention our government does not actively encourage this despicable behavior. If something did start from our country I have hope it would be rectified in the future. Unlike those freaks in that **** hole China.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of people have pet chickens. There's been a big recent trend of people raising chickens for eggs and as pets.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The chickens can’t play catch yo

Bandwagoner likes this.
  7. Asian Sensation

I’m not even Chinese but I’m sure you’d be a little bit offended if people said “freaks in that **** hole India” if some **** went down that you weren’t even responsible for.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

People who eat dogs, pangolins, bats, rats, etc are freaks. Whether Chinese or Indian. I dont really care about race bro. If you think im racist so be it.

9. Buck Turgidson

I'm sorry, @jacoby, but you don't have much of a grasp on the American food chain.

I agree with you, that factory farming is a blight and we should work together to make everything as ideal as we can...from grain harvesting to protein butchering

STR8Thugg and tinman like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody is slaughtering chickens live in the back of a seafood market

Even at our finest establishments like churches or Popeyes , the chickens come frozen and dead and cleaned so they would not be infected by bat feces.

STR8Thugg and AXG like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You only get salmonella or e coli from handling or eating ****

12. Buck Turgidson

Get ready.

You are not ****ing helping.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its not so much that they eat dogs and cats, its the treatment of these animals. A large portion of these are people's pets that are kidnapped and tortured, its about the ugliest practice you could possibly name. You're taking a contrarian view for the sake of it or just a huge China apologist.

#33 LosPollosHermanos, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    LonghornFan and R0ckets03 like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I thought I was pretty numb to the internet but I still haven't forgotten this reddit clip of animal abuse I saw where someone was skinning these animals alive and boiling them. The individuals that prolong and bring on unimaginable suffering like that need to delegated to the depths of hell for eternity. We could be better to our animals here in the US, but its NOTHING compared to what china does every day.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. Sometimes you just post to post.

Firstly, Im a huge fan of dogs and cats as domesticated pets and have 2 dogs myself. Secondly, who is anybody to say what is "normal" in this world?Cultures differ and social norms differ from region to region, we just live in a smaller world and are more aware of them now. China is not that far removed from being a poor country and there are gonna be some growing pains to what we, as a Western culture, deem acceptable and what they consider everyday life and survival or what once was and have grown accustomed to. You dont have to like it, but its there and eventually as the youth become more educated and aware, so will the end of bear bile and bat soup.

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

Saying "We aren't as bad as China" is like saying that Dahmer wasn't as bad as Dean Corll. The way animals are treated in the US is absolutely unacceptable. Watch some of the undercover footage taken in American factory farms and you tell me how you think it's much better than China.

China is an unsanctioned **** hole, but America treats their farmed animals disgusting. It's flat-out ignorant to assume otherwise. If you're so passionate about the welfare of animals raised for food, then stop supporting American factory farms. You're not making a difference by pointing the finger at China if you go home and consume the flesh of animals that were abused in unimaginable ways here in good ol' USo'A.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. jacoby

jacoby Member

The American government enacted ag-gag laws that make it a felony to expose animal abuse in factory farms. If animals are found living in cruel or unsanitary conditions, the whistleblower is the one who gets jailed and fined, not the people committing the violations.

If that isn't encouraging despicable behavior in slaughterhouses, I don't know what is.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

China made it back to back pandemic championships with SARS and COVID, both coming from the Wet Market league

Last time i checked at the seafood department, nobody was chopping up live bats

China got the MVP twice

Most Vicious Pandemics

@Reeko @Os Trigonum

STR8Thugg, LonghornFan and R0ckets03 like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Chicken is also a domesticated animal. If it's not wild it's domesticated.

I agree with Jacoby, although I understand the ordinary American viewpoint on this as well. Many people, including me, love their cats and dogs like children.

The reality is, they are all animals, and it's a bit hypocritical to get uppity about one type you like a lot when we are slaughtering cows, goats, lambs, and pigs without the blink of an eye. A chicken isn't a mammal so I could understand some disconnect, same with fish. But 4 legged mammals like cows, lambs, goats and pigs etc are no different from dogs and cats.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If the world was on a plant based diet there really wouldn't be any COVID at this point. Eating any meat can cause all sorts of diseases from Mad Cow, H1N1, Ebola, etc...If I recall there were people selling bat bbq at some rodeo cook offs a while back. There are folks in America eating rat, possum, snake and other roadkill every day. Blaming a specific country is easy when the entire world is to blame for these sorts of unnecessary illnesses.

jacoby likes this.