1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAMELESS] New local Groupon-like site

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hippieloser, May 7, 2010.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hey everybody, it's time for me to do a little shameless self-promotion here, if you don't mind. I'm working for a new local Web site called GetGrouby.com, and we're using a business model similar to Groupon. If you've ever used Groupon before, you know the drill: Sign up, buy into the group-rate discount, and receive a voucher for a local product or service that's typically at least 50% off the normal price.

Today is our first deal, and it's for an Executive Wash at South Beach Auto Spa. This is a cool local carwash place that hand-washes and details your car without using any machines that might damage your ride. The Executive Wash can run up to $68 depending on the size of your vehicle, but by taking advantage of this offer, you can get any car, truck, SUV, or commercial vehicle meticulously cleaned by hand for only $12. Not bad, right?

If anyone remembers the thread I posted a few weeks ago whining about being shafted out of a couple grand from my last employer, you'll understand why I'm excited by this new opportunity. If your car is filthy, please help a CF.net brother out and head on over to Get Grouby. After all, who doesn't like saving money?

If getting a high-quality car wash for 50% off isn't your cup of tea, please consider signing up at our Twitter page or our Facebook page to follow our deals, because we've got a lot more lined up that you're bound to be interested in.

Thanks everybody!

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Is there any difference between this and Groupon?

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Or this and Localiter? Seems like these are popping up all over the place.

4. Hippieloser

Yeah there is: These guys are paying me! :cool:

In all seriousness, there isn't much difference... today. Soon, we're going to start offering multiple deals from the same business for people to choose from. For example, you'll be able to choose $12 for a $24 wash, $21 for a $55 wax, or $18 for a $40 interior detailing from the same car wash, but no matter what you choose, it counts towards getting the deal live. Today is Day 1, though, and we're keeping it simple.

5. Hippieloser

I'm pretty sure Localiter doesn't have any deals in Houston, so that's a pretty significant difference for ya right there. :)

6. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I registered, but am not getting the confirmation e-mail (not even in my Spam box).

is it just me?

1 person likes this.
  7. Hippieloser

For some reason, it's taking a little bit for the confirmation e-mails to arrive. I'm not sure what's causing this issue, but we've got people working on it. I appreciate your patience, srrm!

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

just signed up for a carwash, for some reason it doesn't take more than three numbers for the security code and amex has 4. it went through anyways.

i can use this coupon immediately?

1 person likes this.
  9. KaiSeR SoZe

slightly ot:

are you supposed the tip the car wash guy? if so how much? lol

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

That's a good deal for a car wash of this sort. Would take advantage of the offer, if I was in town.

1 person likes this.
  11. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Thanks, it's confirmed.
    Bought my Car Wash voucher and heading over there this afternoon.

12. Hippieloser

That's weird about the security code... I didn't know that about AMEX. Thanks for the feedback, I'll bring it up.

Yeah, once you've received the coupon, I believe you can take it in immediately. Thanks, KaiSeR!

As far as tipping goes, it's probably appreciated, but chances that they'll spit in your food are low.

13. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

Cool. Signed up for here in Atlanta. Look forward to seeing some deals soon.

1 person likes this.
  14. Hippieloser

Kaiser, srrm, did you guys cash in your vouchers already? I think one of you might have been our first person to do so! ClutchFans is good like that.

15. KaiSeR SoZe

Yeah I printed it out and took it in....the dude at the car wash didn't know what was up or how it worked but he was cool and he talked with his manager and everything worked out well and the car looked nice until a bird took a **** on it while I was stuck in traffic on i10 lol

16. Hippieloser

That's messed up, man, but we've got plenty more carwash vouchers available! :grin:

17. MSBas979

MSBas979 New Member

How does this statement make your company better? Yes, Localiter isn't in Houston, but you aren't running deals in Austin. Seems like the same thing to me.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

because this isn't an AUSTIN rockets message board :grin:

first post do-over

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How much can you make a year off that site? Livable income?

20. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I cashed mine in this morning and am fully satisfied with it.
    They also had massage chairs, so while I waited my back was being pampered.

Thanks for the heads up!