1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seriously, when can we end this JG experiment?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zjcblord21, Feb 22, 2024.

1. zjcblord21

zjcblord21 Member

I thought I've already been patient enough. Considering JG used to have the tradition of playing 'better' after All-star, I convinved myself to give him more time. But, after today's game, I feel like I already had enough.

This guy can't shoot, can't dribble, and can't defense, all he has is the so-called 'fast first step'. After three years of developing, the 'fast first step' is still what he has. He has developed no other offensive skills in his arsenal. He doesn't have the muscle mass to absorb contact which makes it even hard to finish. And, again, after three years, not much improvement on passing skills and basketball IQ.

Maybe it's time we just stop this JG experiment and admit that we wasted our 2nd pick.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

When Stone gets fired and we go back to step 1 (tanking) with a new GM.

Under Stone, we've basically become the next lolKnicks/Kangz and will be stuck in a decade long rebuild.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Disclaimer - this is not for those who were on the fence or those who had no strong preference one way or another

If you wanted to draft Jalen Green over Evan Mobley - respectfully, never talk about basketball ever again, please.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I just got off the phone with him. Things are looking up! He’s only 19 or something!

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin fan arisen from the grave?

34to11 likes this.
  8. zjcblord21

zjcblord21 Member

On the opposite, I was against Lin. Pat was definitely a better choice at that time.

And, actually it's very interesting to mention Lin in this thread. Ten years ago, I thought Lin was very inefficient. But when comparing with JG now, I need to apologize to Lin. There has never been another Rocket players disapointed me this much like JG.

9. sefril

sefril Member

Well at least he’s here on this site before you

Sengun, Sonicbun8 and OnNotice like this.
  10. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Ignore that guy, he just posting lame asf memes and focusing on the messenger rather than the message.

To be fair im a Jalen fan but I do acknowledge JG has been playing badly and should prob be tried coming off the bench. But man it do feel like Jalen has given up on the Rockets and wanting to get out the way he is playing rn. I love Jalen but im a Rockets fan first and foremost. I could give him 1 more season but I dont know if the Rockets fans are as patient as I am.

11. MystikArkitect

It'll end when Clutchfans morale improves

WestendMassive likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you missed the pre-ban trigonum by a couple of years

harold bingo, topfive and Plowman like this.
  13. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Naw man that's silly. We all make opinions on these dudes around the draft we've barely watched play based on limited clips, maybe a little game action, and reports, and even then the guys getting paid a bunch to do this who watch a bunch of film still eff up. Especially with Jalen there was a lot of uncertainty on how to translate what playing on Ignite meant.

What's more sus to me is the folks who ~20 or so games into their rookie seasons didn't think Stone might have really blown it taking Jalen at 2.

For the record, I was high on Mobley based on watching a few USC games but only slightly favored him over Green because I had to go by highlights and reports about him. And even then it's not like I'm deep scouting Mobley. The only player in that draft I felt qualified enough to legitimately opine on was Grimes because I’d watched him play a bunch.

#13 ChillyPete32, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    HD729 and NewAge like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I did. I was wrong. I will continue to say stuff.

16. sefril

sefril Member

Are you G zus Kryst? Or Pen15clubber? Daddylonglegs?

17. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

Zen Tabak likes this.
  18. zjcblord21

zjcblord21 Member

If it's like what you said that he himself has given up, then I really need to doubt his work ethics. But yes, I think for most of the diehard Rockets fans, patience is running out. I've defended JG before also (not on this forum though), but yeah, after this game, I give up. I wish him all the best in other teams and hope he can realize his full potential (if there is any left) in a system that he likes.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

You mean he's only made 19 out of his 90 shots or something?
    Seriously send this kid to utah for walker kessler. No way we're getting a starter for this garbage. We'll be lucky to get second round draft picks for him.

cml750 likes this.
  20. WestendMassive

@Os Trigonum was originally @LHutz

napalm06, DaDakota, BamBam and 3 others like this.