1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sergio Llull radio interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

http://www.cope.es/player/nombre=au...dazo-23-11-2016&id=2016112401150001&activo=10

Here's his latest interview (a couple of days old), i'm posting this since he talks about the Rockets too, but unfortunately i'm not able to traslate it, i can kinda understand some parts...
    he says it's his choice to stay in Madrid, that the Rockets have been trying to have him from 3/4 years, but they've always been respectful with his decision and always cool with him, they are always in contact and making him phone calls to give him props after every good game etc...and if i understand well, even if he wants to respect his contract, he doesn't want to close the door to the nba (he says this later in the interwiev, saying something like "guys like Prigioni went there later in their career")
    ...but yeah, it would be cool if someone who can really understand spanish well can translate this.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

This guy, again?!

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Basically, he's happy where he is at.
    Rockets hold his rights. Has had contact with team through telephone calls and there has not been any pressure by Houston to obtain him.
    Blah,blah,blah. Wouldn't mind playing here but he is happy with his current team/situation.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

THIS TIME HE WILL SURELY JOIN US

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'll await his imaginary Turnovers and Assists and Barking at Harden for not getting the ball

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

...when he'll be 35 like Prigioni :D

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

When is his opening Rockets press conference?

Llulz

10. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Guys, it's been explained too many times why this guy will not be a Rocket for the next 5 years, why does he have to be brought up every time he mentions Rockets? He doesn't want to play here, he's just being polite.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

13. Ranny

Ranny Member

This is what was written

"
    No estoy en la NBA porque soy feliz en el Madrid. Cuando era pequeño soñaba con esto. Houston ha sido muy respetuoso con mi decisión. Nunca le cierro la puerta a la NBA."

Quote: I am not in the NBA because i am happy in Madrid (the club). When i was little i used to dream about this. Houston has been very respectful about my decision. I never close the door to the NBA.

Relevant things to us in the interview:

Reporter: Who has your NBA Rights?

Llull: The Houston Rockets

Reporter: How does that work? tell us, what does it mean that they have your rights and want to sign you but can't sign you?

Llull: Well, the rights mean that if i want to go there i would have to go to Houston... its basically that...

Reporter: Are you obliged to go to Houston? Do they have priority?

Llull: Yes they have priority, unless they get tired of waiting and then.....

Reporter: (interrupts) How long have they been waiting for?

Llull: well they have been waiting 3 or 4 years....

Reporter: 3 or 4 years.... Houston has a problem (as a joke :rolleyes:)... i don't know if i would wait 3 or 4 years for someone, they are probably thinking that there is no way of convincing you....?

Llull: well.... they have tried, they have tried, but like i said i am very happy here, this is where i want to be, and its where i want to keep playing

Reporter: Tell me how do they try? what do they do? Do they call you and say "Llull how are u doing?, Llull you are so stubborn?"....

Llull: No, the truth is that they have always been very respectful about this, they have understood my decision, its clear that they would like me to be playing there, and since they hold my rights they want me to be there, but they understand my decision they have not pressured me at all, and my contacts with them are over the phone when they call me to congratulate me for a good match or a title.

Reporter: But is there something else in that decision? i mean.... does it scare you to go there and play less? to see yourself in a second tier in the NBA....?

Llull: No, to tell you the truth i am not scared, i think its the best league in the world but like i said, you have to put everything on a scale and my scale is tipped in Real Madrid's favor.

Reporter: What do your teammates say? that you are the best or that you are crazy?

Llull: no they respect my decision.... i have also spoken to teammates and friends that have been or still are in the NBA, and you need to know more about how things work.... and well as i said, i think i am in the best club in the world and where i want to be.

Reporter: Do you watch the NBA? Do you watch NBA games?

Llull: no because they are too late...

THen the rest of the interview is about his life in Madrid, the club, his friends, family and such, by the very end they once again talk about relevant things for us.

Reporter: Do you feel that you have become to big for Europe? that you are huge here and no one can stop you?

Llull: No, if i felt that way i would have looked for new challenges, my aspirations are to become the leader of this team and to win everything in front of us again.

Reporter: Your contract is until 2021 right? (another reporter in the background screams "i think its too short!") what is your intention? do you intend to fulfill your contract?

Llull: Well yes! i believe that when you sign a contract you sign it with that intention.

Reporter: so you would finish this contract with 34 (years) right? you have 29 now right? so when you finish this contract you will be 34, and well to think about going to the NBA with 34, maybe its a bit late for you then..., no? I mean people might think, if he has 34 and has not gone there, he is not going there!

Llull: well, i have never closed the door to the NBA, i am very very happy here; i live in the now and right now i am very happy in Real Madrid, and the challenge for me is to try to be very high here, but i have never closed the door to the NBA, also right now there are players with 36 or 37 like Priggioni or even older that were just playing there so.....

Reporter: Dont discard it ...

Llull: No no i wont... but it looks like you want me to leave.... (joking)

Reporter: no no, but Florentino (Real Madrid's president) must be very happy with you; i mean, the football players ask for contract renewals every two years and you on the other hand are super faithful, i would be very happy with you if i were him....

A different reporter: and also consider the amount of money that they are paying in the NBA, if Llull goes there, next year he could easily make 15 million or more.... 15 million or more, no problem!

Reporter: Am i talking to someone who is giving up 15 million euros a year??

Llull: there is no offer, there are no 15 million, these are just assumptions and hypotheticals, in the end i renewed my contract with Real Madrid and like i said before Madrid also did a big effort so that i would stay....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was pretty much it about us.

:cool:

BHannes2BHonest, Newlin, Dgn1 and 6 others like this.
  14. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Stop mentioning this guy...Even if he come over, he will suck. And we have Harden as PG now.

DudeWah likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This part sounds like DMo in 3-4 years

CCity Zero and Vivi like this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dude's a p***y who is afraid of the big boys in the NBA no matter how much he denies it

MajorSeanBond and Jontro like this.
  17. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

nah he's dead to me.....

bloodwings19 likes this.
  18. hvic

hvic Member

Time to package his rights and along with brewer

19. rockets13champs

I cant wait to see Llull chug down a red bull and hit a buzzer beater for the Rockets

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we don't want him when he is 34