1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serge Ibaka on Trade Block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 13 in 33, Jan 30, 2017.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If we can unload Brewer in the deal, you have to look into it. I wouldn't worry about Orlando not wanting to pay him; they already overspent on Biyombo and have Vucevic. I don't know what Ibaka will be worth, but he'll obviously get a pay raise, and since the Magic are en route to another crap season as constructed, they need to get what they can for him.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Harrell,Brewer,KJ, rights to Gentile, rights to Llull, 2017 first and 2017 second for Ibaka and Hezonja.

3. jayfree

jayfree Member

Win now as in Regular season or Win now as in Finals? Because Ibaka is not helping the Rockets to beat the Warrios in a 7 game series.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think if Harden tells Morey to grab him, Morey will grab him.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd give up our pick, but thats about it.

Ibaka isnt good anymore, and isn't worth Harrell or Dekker

Vivi likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Come on man, they lost Durant...and Sabonis is doing a good season, and it's not like it worked better for the Magic lol

As for the rental, i'm not saying we should just ignore him, but assuming we cannot trade for him just with Brewer and a 1st pick, i would stay away...he's not making us a contender, he's going to get paid, he's not the same player he was 2/3 years ago...what i'm saying is we shouldn't make a desperate move for someone not really worth it. Once you trade a Dekker or Capela for him you cannot go back, you have to deal with that -> assuming he's going to stay this summer -> and not for a max deal.

No Chance likes this.
  7. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Harrell + Brewer + 1st

Harden/Gordon
    Bev/Gordon
    Ariza/Dekker
    Anderson/Ibaka
    Ibaka/Capela

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Post above :)

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i wouldn't mind Ibaka here for the right price. Him at the 5 would be very interesting once the Rockets go to small ball.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

We should also remember that he wasn't happy in OKC anymore because he was getting as many shots as he wanted...not sure he would be too happy here, the more i think the more i can see him ending up in SacTown...he will get paid, they will give him all the shots he wants...

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i can agree with this, why not. It's all about that "right price" though.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes still only 27. a lot of the discussions to the average person would make it seem like he's on the wrong side of 30 haha

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You have to surrender one of capela/montrezl.

His listed age is 27 but more likely he is 30-31

He doesn't rebound well, and while he was once a defense and blocking phenom, he has regressed defensively the further his offense has stretched out.

He shoots a majority of his shots in the mid-range area.

That being said, if we could get him to buy in to being the center. Who would guard the paint on defense and run the PnR / PnP on offense I say go for it.

If you could get him to buy into the system and acquire him at the cost of something like brewer/kj/montrezl/1st than I say do it.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Stole this from @zeeshan2

Seems like they want young players AND pickS...eh...

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, the word out there is that he's actually already over 30...and if you think his declining started a couple of years ago...

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd love to have Serge Ibaka on this team, but it's a tricky one.

I would not do the deal unless Anderson was moving back to Orlando, and am not sure I'd want to do that, or what message it would send, especially given the positive team chemistry, etc.

Ibaka is a very solid 3 point shooter, though not sure he's quite the quick trigger Anderson is, with the depth, and at nearly 7 a game as compared to Ibaka's 4. But Ibaka is clearly better in every other PF like way.

Something along the lines of
    Anderson, young guys (KJ, Ennis, Onuaku), 2nd round pick
    for
    Ibaka, Jodie Meeks

Ibaka and Meeks are both free agents. Meeks is out indefinitely with an injury. If DM can also move Brewer with no salary coming back then they have a ton of room this offseason to resign Ibaka and another max/near max guy. Renounce Meeks, $7.5 million of "extra" room or so by holding the rights to Ibaka as opposed to having Anderson's $19.5 million next year on the books.

It's worth consideration, but probably not something I'd ultimately do.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

give 'em dekker or trez

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't really follow that age issue much so not too familiar with that. Never saw him as a star but solid defensively with the ability to guard multiple positions.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or simply one or the other.........a combination of the two if that's what it takes.

Vivi likes this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't see how he makes them a real contender this year either.

And as I noted above, I don't see how the Rockets could roll with Anderson at $19.5 million+ and Ibaka I'd assume at the same level in the future.

So, rightly, why give up any assets for him?

The only thing I'd consider is basically swapping Anderson for him. But it'd be a risky move.

Vivi likes this.