1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sell high on our 2007 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdxiong, Dec 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

The value of our 2007 1st round pick is at all time high right now. We are weak at PG and PF position. If we can use the pick to solidify one of the positions, I think we should do it. Our pick is most likely in the teens at best, so I don't think this is such a bad idea.

I don't have a particular trade I like right now.But here is an example, Sura+Deke+No.1 pick for Andre Miller. This will upgrade and add depth to our pg position.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If we dont make the playoffs this season, it will not pay off. Bonzi will be gone next year, and we wont be able to resign miller either

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

No.. I'm tired of trading our picks. Even if our pick position ends up sucking I say keep it, thats how we got Luther Head. I have faith in our current players, any new news on Sura though?

4. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

If JVG is still the coach , you better shop this pick.

He wont play rookie,period.

Luther Head is an exception and check out the minutes he played before injuries.

5. htownbball

htownbball Member

keep it and see who you can get. if you get a premium player through the draft, you better get yourself a premium player in return or keep him.

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Luther Head is an exception? What are you basing this off of? What other first round picks have we had in JVG's tenure?

Hayes got minutes as a rookie
    Head got minutes as a rookie
    Lucas is slowly working his way into the rotation
    V-Span got into the rotation and a chance before blowing it and I'm sure he will be given more chances

Nachbar sucked guys, face it, Nachbar was trash

Just wondering what other 1st round picks have we got in JVG's tenure as our coach? I'm not up to date on our draft picks

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

JVG was forced to play Head and Hayes, if he had his way Luther & Hayes would have been ruined for lack of playing experience. Just like he is doing to Steve Novak and V Span. So by the end of the season he can say he was justified in doing so because the kids didn't know how to play the NBA game and couldn't hit their shots.
    So the answer, if we are going to develop a future for our club- JVG and the WIN NOW must be gone!
    We must have a development programme beause not all great players go in the first eight picks or for that matter in the first round.We should not trade away our potential stars before we give them a chance to shine.

8. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Hayes is an exception too. He was cut after pre-season games and the spot was reseved for Glover who is a veteran. He was even not the first 10-day contract guy signed of last season.

Head got less than 10 PPG before some major injuries of backcourts.

V-Span played bad in some games and then JVG lost all confidence in him. For the past 5 games, he played 1 minute and 17 seconds even Alston played like crap.

9. Yetti

Nachbar had potential till JVG had his hands on him!
    Lucas is having to be used as back up we only have Alston, JLIII and V Span as our three Point Guards.

10. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

I dont think philly's dumb enough to make that trade. we might be able to get Ridnour since they are selling the team.

11. Yetti

The New General Manager will put a stop to all this 'Win Now' nonsense and will not mortgage our future for the whims of JVG. :p

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this summer it looked like we had a real chance to win now.

at this point JVG might not be back next season, tmac has shown that he will never be able to play consistantly again... "win now" is over.

infact, if we are a lotto team this summer, i would try to move tmac, juwon and rafer for whatever we can get.

if you tihnk about it, we are a pretty young team: hayes, head, snyder, billy, lucas, and novak can all contribute right now... on a winning team. with yao, all they need is a couple of outside scorers and a little added depth.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You better believe JVG will be pushing for us to make a bold move and deal our pick since he knows all too well he's not gonna have a job next season if we have a repeat of last year.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Potential to suck, which he does. Deal with it.

15. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

KEEP OUR PICK GOD DAMNIT!!! next draft is deep and we cannot give up the pick again!!! Win now is almost impossible consider our injuries and the deep west... SO DONt ruin the future and now by dealing it... I SAY WE DEAL FOR A PICK!!!