1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seems oppenents know exactly how to deal with Rox now.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivanyy2000, Jan 8, 2004.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Yao had a bad bad game, no doubt, but the lose is not all his fault. Even he got benched and played only 20+ mins, Rox hardly managed to score 66pts, so I don't buy JVG's "I only play those players who deserve to play" comment.

Benching Yao is not the solution, so far Yao doesn't response well upon the negative critics. I think let him stay on the court playing in garbage time and score some points will even be a better way to boost his confidence than just benching him .

And I found following quotes after the game are interesting:

"You know what he did to us down there, so we wanted to get him out of his comfort zone tonight," Pistons coach Larry Brown said. "I thought Memo (Okur) and Elden did a good job of pushing him off the block and getting him out of his game."

"(In Houston), I thought I was playing good defense against him, and he was just making baskets over me like I wasn't even there," Campbell said. "I felt like canceling Christmas if he was going to do that to us every night. Tonight, we did mostly the same things, but he missed a couple and they stopped going to him, which was very nice "

About Steve Francis :

"Me and him got to jawing at each other a little bit," Atkins said. "He made a statement that he was going to start lighting him up. I made a statement to him, 'I'm not going nowhere. Whatever he wants to do, we can do it.' He started playing a one-on-one game, and I knew I had help. So it was one-on-five so that was to our advantage."

So, seems oppenents know how to deal with Rox pretty well, anger and frustrate Steve Francis, make him do stupid things, force Yao missing couple shots and he will be invisible.

2. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Mentally, the Rox are Weak

We need more mental toughness as a team. That's what separates us from the elite teams.

:D

theSAGE

3. sup123

sup123 Member

i think yao does get discouraged quick after missing a couple of shots. And about steve, ill say it again trade him while we can.

4. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Actually, to sum up our two franchise players, one is hothead stupid and the other has no heart.

What a pity. :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Compgeek

Compgeek Member

Yao has no heart? I wouldn't go that far.

To paraphrase a friend from the former Sovet Union who complained about the lack of incentives there:" They pretend to pay us, so we pretend to work". Yao's in the same boat:"They pretend I am one of the teamates, so I pretend to play".

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

What I want to know is why he kept pretending to get the ball stripped.

7. Compgeek

Compgeek Member

That part is for real. Don't tell me he has the most turnovers in the team.

But how does one feel motivated if he's ignored by his teamates most of the time? Now even by his freaking coach? He's not the worst or the most overpaid-underperformed guy in the team. Just because one hogs the ball and keeps shooting doesn't make him a hard worker or one with "heart".

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Post of the month.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I am surprised no one has called Elden Campbell a Yao-only-fan yet.

10. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

At least one of the last 4 opponents knows exactly how to deal with the Rockets.:rolleyes: