1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw the Chinese government. I stand with Morey and Hong Kong and the NBA should support HOU.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2019.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I support the cause, but... if that were 100% true he wouldn't have deleted it lol.

allforone and alcatrazpsycho like this.
  2. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Well I’m not using translation softwares. And that comment exactly showed how biased you are. Good example, bad post.

MightyMog likes this.
  3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

1) I don’t like Morey because he supports drawing fouls

2) I don’t like Morey because he’s upset that I’m under international scrutiny for human rights abuse.

Let’s no pretend these are even remotely similar in terms of importance. Millions of people don’t suffer because Harden draws fouls.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Millions arent suffering because Chinese people arent watching Rockets games

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Right or wrong, all parties have the right to do what they do and feel what they feel. That's all I'm saying. Not like Morey is being a political prisoner jailed in China or something. Hes just being disliked by a bunch of people and probably cost his employer some amount of money. I have done both in my life, just not nearly to this scale obviously

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Kinda of funny seeing the sentiment on this board. You know everyone thought Trump was some lovable TV personality for years, but then the second he runs for president you see all this extreme hatred towards him (I'm not a Trump supporter, just an observation). You have China who everyone was perfectly fine with for years as they opened up their business to the world. But then once this trade war started all of a sudden everyone is a China scholar and is appalled by all their atrocities over the years.

The Chinese state run media 100% brain washes their people in an obvious way. But don't for a second think that our media is so free or unbiased telling the whole truth. Everything is political or agenda or profit driven. From some of the response on here I see we are just as brain washed as them.

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

That’s not at all what my post was saying. the point is you shouldn’t hate someone that holds an opinion that doesn’t harm others, even if you disagree. On the other hand, You are morally obligated to hate someone that supports genocide.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

So why did he delete the tweet then

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been disgusted by Trump since I first saw him in the 1980s flaunting fake-boobed plastic women and gold plated everything. Before he was in politics, he would probably have been the first name that came to mind if you said "money worshiping , no class New Yorker".

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Rockets fans hate ESPN for holding opinions that dont harm others all the time.

11. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Yeah and fun fact. Most of the young generations in China watch state-owned media for less than 24 hours, throughout our entire life. Govt&state owned media only accounts for a small part of our news source. Instead we watch, repost and joke around those state owned propagandas for fun. But the Chinese=Evil media will never tell you that.

freyzhang, tuoxieman and GotGame15 like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Because that's not something you can just leave up.... Morey made his stance but he isn't going to bring the entire NBA into the fold. Morey made his own personal stance that may effect rocket staff but he's smart enough to take such a public stand by leaving the tweet up and effecting the entire business.

13. dmoneybangbang

Not at all. Don't confuse my statement for saying Morey is willingly to take the entire NBA with him.

RedRedemption likes this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

exactly, and that’s fine. They aren’t morally obligated to hate ESPN, they just choose to do so.

If ESPN supported killing millions, People would be morally obligated to hate them too, and I would be vocally opposed to anyone that liked ESPN.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

I mean there are plenty of people here who don't watch or disbelieve the mainstream media as well, but at the end of the day the opinion of masses will still be affected by it whether in China or the US because most people are sheep.

Velcromium likes this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hell yes.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey is speaking up against the plight of people in Hong Kong...yes, hating him for speaking up against that is entirely different from hating on Harden because of how he plays a game

u said that it’s ok to hate someone for any reason...that is an ignorant statement

18. Eomor

Eomor Member

Ppl are making things ridiculous.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

I have a former colleague who currently works in Hong Kong. He could see protests outside his office window. His biggest feelings towards the protesters is how much they interfere with his commute and social life.

We ain't talking the entire city being enslaved here.

tuoxieman likes this.
  20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well I'm pretty sure the people who aren't watching Rockets games in China are pro-killing millions. Now if you want to argue that they support a government that has killed millions over some indeterminant amount of time in the country's history towards various populace in the region, then I would also argue that in the minds of many outside the US, we support a government that has killed a lot of freaking people too over various time period in our history.