1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson PG of the Future

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by i3artow i3aller, Nov 18, 2021.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Great video. Would love to have him here

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. a time to chill

King1 likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. i3artow i3aller

6. i3artow i3aller

7. i3artow i3aller

8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

https://andscape.com/features/scoot-henderson-left-a-lasting-impression-with-g-league-ignite/

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Would just love to get this kid on the Rockets. I see a lot of D-Rose, Westbrook comparisons, but am I crazy to say I see a little CP3 in his game? Obviously the athleticism is higher, but then again CP3 was more athletic before the knee stuff. The little stop-and-pops, the handle, the playmaking. I see the potential for him to become a really smart, crafty competitor, not just a high-flying athlete.

larry cook, RedIsen and ferrari77 like this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Come on now, You know there were other factors involved in Luka not being the #1 pick. (Ayton having gone to Arizona). It was also down to the last minute to determine whether Luka would go #1. A lot of people thought the Suns might take Luka right up until they selected Ayton.
    I think it was a tough choice for the Suns but Luka was in the mix for #1.

roslolian and OremLK like this.
  13. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Yeah I think you're starting to see more signs of the game slowing down for Scoot. He obviously has the ability to out-athlete defenders, but there are flashes of him methodically solving defenses. Like the first half of the first game against Wembanyama he was attack mode, going at Victor and making a statement. Second half, he switched it up and showed patience and pace.

Definitely a step above college Rose and Westbrook in terms of figuring out defenses, but not quite like Wake Forest CP3.

I think the gap between him and Brandon Miller has closed a bit, but I still think he's the definite #2.

larry cook, ferrari77 and OremLK like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not sure about the fit of Scoot on this team to be honest. That poster talking about Cp3 is correct, he def reminds me of a slightly taller Cp3, at least on offense. Scoot has really high bball IQ and he doesnt rely on athleticism to make an impact like DRose or WB, he showcases a lot of skills for someone of his age.

My issue is just the defense, we already got Jalen who is a defensive sieve now we gonna add Scoot who is also a bad defender. Another big issue is the injury history, he is also loke Cp3 in that aspect and already looks like he gonna be injury prone his entire career.

I think Rox should also look at other playmakers who make defense their priority like the Twins or Anthony Black or even look at bigger wings with defensive upside like Miller, Walker or Whitmore.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would be more concerned about the defense, I do think it is broadly under-prioritized in the draft (hence my love for Jarace Walker's game), but with Scoot I just see the kind of competitor who I would trust to develop in that regard. He really plays up to the competition and wants to win on the biggest stage. Again, CP3, Kobe, that kind of attitude is what scouts talk about. Those guys were/are definitely capable of taking plays off on defense, and in CP3's case he's obviously undersized, but they could turn it on and make a big impact defensively when it counts the most. I'll bet Scoot becomes that kind of guy in the NBA even if his defense isn't there right away as a rookie.

Really just depends on where the Rockets end up picking. I personally think this draft is really solid for #1 and #2. If we land lower than that, it's wide open, lots of good prospects, and will depend on what the front office and their scouts and analysts see in the different prospects.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

But that's the thing right, Cp3 never won anything and is honestly one of yhe biggest chokers in playoff history, thats cuz he is too short. We are already kinda disadvantaged cuz we will likely be paying max for Green who just plays one side of the ball and then we'll also have Scoot who is small and injury prone.

Good pgs are also like one of the most common players in the NBA Rox can throw mad money at Harden, AR or Dillon Brooks and call it a day.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

(Spoiler: He won't go #1.)

But you gotta love the competitive fire, and he just might have in virtually any other draft class.

19. i3artow i3aller