1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson PG of the Future

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by i3artow i3aller, Nov 18, 2021.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's proving that he can get to the rim against super weak competition and that he'll let that same super weak competition blow right by him when he's on defense.

Also, he's playing the point but he STILL hasn't set even one person up with a single shot at any point in the first half.

I'm
    Now show me Dwight Howard knocking down free throws at practice

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL. You never dissapoint.

So he can only get to the rim against super weak competition? I mean that is his biggest strength by far and he showed that scoring on a generational 7'4" Big with a 8' wingspan but whatever I guess.

He doesn't set anyone up in the first half, but then has some sweet A$$ dimes in the second. That's an issue? It couldn't be him trying to dominate and score to prove himself? Just like ALL the greats would do in that same situation. With all the hype around this game and him wanting to show out on the perceived #1 pick, this isn't the EXACT type of mentality you'd want in a star guard? Huh.

Is it safe to say that even if Scoot jumps to 38% on high volume 3's, pulls down
    5+ boards a game and dishes 6-8 dimes a game while scoring 25+, that your take will not change? Probably so. Not on the agenda maybe lol...

Yeah he got no game.

And since we're being funny.

i3artow i3aller, Omihall23 and YOLO like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Scoot's got a solid bag already at only 18. Good game last night

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

They both are going to be HUGE.

Well we know one will be 4 sure.

:cool:

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Scoot reminds me so much of CP3. But with a D-Rose athleticism package. He’s going to be special.

clos4life and i3artow i3aller like this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

This is just an example of two different opinions so I could be wrong but Scoots physicality and craftiness really cancels out his height.

Kind of related but from a story I heard about a year ago his family and inner circle is really conducive to his basketball career. Seems like a little thing but it seems like he keeps himself in a lab and eats sleeps and drinks basketball with the intention of being great. He's a do what it takes kind of guy and it shows.

10. xaos

xaos Member

Asking out of ignorance not snarkiness... but would that even work long term? Being drafted so high their next contract would be too much combined. 4 top pick max contracts

Believe It! likes this.
  11. xaos

xaos Member

Although I agree that using our draft capital on either of the two would be worth it (and unlikely). If we land #5 or something I'd be willing to give a healthy package of picks + #5 to move up to #1 or #2 and roll with either Green/Smith/Wemby or Scoot H/Green/Smith plus guys like Sengun/Eason/etc and manage the cap situation for 2024+

12. CertifiedTroll

Scoot looks like he will be good, but I also thought the same thing about Jalen Suggs. They seem similar to my unexperienced eyes. Is scoot better than Suggs?

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

100%.

Scoot has legitimately everything you want from a PG prospect, aside from an elite 3-ball. It does look like that's coming around as well though.

He reminds me of a hungrier D-Rose with maybe 95% of his explosiveness. His mentality/instincts are going to be underrated too because of his physical tools.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Scoot/Green vs Ivey/Cunningham would be fun to watch for a loooong time.

i3artow i3aller and Mr Woods like this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If the rockets got the 5-8th pick I hope they do move up. Put that one last piece that has a chance to complete a puzzle that could be great. With Eason/Sengun/Jabari

I think it is a guard you need to target. Someone that hopefully can be hard nosed and defensive minded but can still be somewhat of a plus on offense. If KPJ works out etc have him come off the bench if he is good with that then this team is set.

xaos likes this.
  16. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

I love this forum. Only here can you find takes this bad lol. Scoot way more athletic and skilled than Suggs and its not close.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

two completely different players

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

I would trade every player we have and every pick right now to get Webanyama and Henderson on the Rockets. Those two are unbelievable talents!! Both probably the best two talents to enter the NBA since LeBron. I am dumbfounded. Shoot I'd be knocking on the doors of all the tanking teams offering them deals they can't refuse.

Bye Jalen!
    Bye Sengun!
    Bye Jabari!
    Bye All 1st Rnd Picks!!

19. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Dam.. he putty good. I’ll be stoked if we snagged him. Top 2 pick for sure.

henderson
    Green
    Teri
    Bari
    Sengun
    idk bout all that.. for sure some future picks. Kpj/j Chris/ etc. No to the other 3

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

I hear ya but no one would trade the #1 or #2 pick next year for KPJ or Christopher and a collection of future picks. Webanyama and Henderson are the players you throw all your chips on the table for.