1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola commercial down here in the RGV...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsmetalspd, Jul 12, 2010.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Here is commercial that has been played down here to promote the pre-season game against the Orlando Magic Oct. 5th

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmmzj8Qhl3M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=es_ES&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmmzj8Qhl3M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=es_ES&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I hope this is a good sign he will be with Rockets when they come down here.

1 person likes this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

translation please

3. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

was tgat spanish or argentian?

4. rocketsmetalspd

Just a commerical for Lone Star National Bank, if you have debit Lone Star National Bank card you can switch it to a Vipers Debit Card and goes on to encourage people to attend the game between the Rockets and Magic October 5th.

5. rocketsmetalspd

Spanish, which if you have not been down this far south in Texas is spoken a lot since most of the tourist down here are from Mexico.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Argentina speaks Spanish like most of South America (Brazil is Portugese)

7. rawool

rawool Member

Lol... Sorry, it's hard to translate. I only speak American.

8. diegot143

diegot143 Member

Argentina speaks spanish with an italian accent kind of. But its spanish. This is a good sign, it means the rockets like Scola so much that they are advertising with his face.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Muy Buen. I hope he stays with the Rockets! He is a starter quality powerfoward on a contender.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Or that they wanted a player who can speak Spanish to make the commercial. I wonder what other Rocket players can speak Spanish?

11. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 person likes this.
  12. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Damn you live down there? Fell sorry for you.

13. Tmcrcks1

Tmcrcks1 Member

Why do you feel sorry for him?I'm from the valley too and got to say, it's not that bad. Actually enjoy living here.

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

This is proof that Scola will be back with the Rockets. Les will never let go of Luis Scola. He's the Yao of Argentina! Les will lose millions of dollars in sponsorships to the hispanic community!

15. rocketsmetalspd

It is not bad down here. I am just glad the Rockets are more involved down here because of the Vipers and I finally to watch the Rockets games on fox sports. This area is mainly Dallas Cowboys, Astros, and Spurs fans, so it is nice to see more Rockets fans down here because of their involvement with the D-League Vipers.

16. rocketschamp3

rocketschamp3 Member

Argentina speaks spanish

17. rocketschamp3

rocketschamp3 Member

wheres the State farm arena?

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Oh man that was such a badass commercial. I love Luis.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep, Scola's speaking Spanish with that Italian-ish Argentine lilt. An example would be, Me llamo, "may YAH-moh", when spoken by an Argentine, "may ZHA-moh".

But he's tossing in so many English words (usually the bank's name, the name of the debit card) that you don't get much of the Spanish anyway.

20. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Oh, for real?