1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick: Melo and Lebron interested in joining forces

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 10, 2014.

1. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

If Lebron is going to LA he is going to the Clippers not the Lakers

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Also keep in mind that if LAL wants to try and trade Steve Nash for that cap space, they dont have any 1st round draft picks to offer as a sweetener until 2019.

That is unless they are willing to part with their lotto pick this year.... which would be hilarious.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not to mention the fact that every payday, Melo and Lebron would have to look at their checks and realize Kobe's making like 40% more money than them while sitting on the bench half the games to nurse his injuries. Yet still would get more love than either of them from Lakers fans.

Just from an ego standpoint, this move would seem to be just horrible in all sorts of ways for both players.

Anyway, while I trust Clutch so if he says cyberx is an insider, then I believe him. But he does say a lot of things that seem to defy common sense.

4. dobro1229

I trust Clutch's rep as well, and I have no doubt that the Lakers ownership would defy common sense in their off-season hopeful moves (even though I think Kupchak is smart enough to allow them to think its a reality).

Its not that I have a problem with Cyberx telling us everything he hears. What does sort of make me raise an eyebrow though is how there is very little context of how he's getting the information. Even Broussard reports give a little bit more context as not to take it as gospel truth.

It just seems to me like the posts/reports are baited a little bit to stir up the posters on here who just dont know better, and its always at the perfect time. Case in point... the report about McHale's meeting with Les & Morey the night after a bad playoff loss where the defense stunk that he posted hours after the loss.

There was no "I heard from a source" or "I heard second hand" etc. It was pretty much "This happened" and "they feel this way" as if he was in the room as well sitting next to Les or they had this conversation in a cafeteria with the media listening in. If they are having meetings, and you heard this was a topic of discussion from someone than great... that's very interesting, but you are sort of insulting everyone's intelligence if you lead them to believe you are actually in the room, and you heard the conversation verbatim.

Its not as if I need Cyberx to tell me exactly how he's getting the info he's getting (kind of defeats the purpose of insider info), but I do think it would help his rep if they gave more context to his situation to not seem so baited at pissed off miserable Rockets fans.

Not to sound nit-picky about any insider info we get, but I do want to point out that Cyberx doesn't really help his own rep around here with the way he words his reports & the suspicious timing of when things come out.

#104 dobro1229, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Then don't waste your time and completely ignore cyberx. He definitely has cred with me based on what I've read. That could change.

Doc Rocket is the guy I totally ignore. Completely worthless IMO. You comments about baiting and stirring up describe him perfectly.

6. dobro1229

Never said he didn't. There is no reason why I wouldn't want to get insider info if there is any to be had.

However just pointing out that he doesn't really help himself out with the doubters for the reasons I just described.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wouldn't worry about it because he doesn't. I don't think he gives a flip about doubters and don't blame him.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If Lebron made any big change it should be to join... wait for it... the Spurs. In 2015, the big three of the Spurs all come off the books.

Would Pop stick around to coach another unselfish, smart superstar? Or will Pop ride off with Duncan (probably).

If Lebron was in a good system with great shooters around him, with a fantastic GM and coach who can monitor minutes... the rest of his career could be a whole new type of animal.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

Broussard and all those guys are writers and get paid for what they do.

I do what I do for fun.

I have my paying job.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What is your paying job?

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

I do something with the NBA

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Hey what's up cybrex, appreciate all the info you give here

Quick question... if you had to pick 3 teams that maybe interested in LIN this summer in a trade, who would you say or who have you heard through your ?

1 person likes this.
  13. basketballholic

Please answer this question, cyberx.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's Adam Silver.
    Confirmed.

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

Haven't heard anything on this front.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG];)

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I completely believe what cyberx says about the Lakers trying to get both Melo and Lebron, as well as believing they have the means to create the space. Why wouldn't they think that? If Lebron opts out, I'm sure every team that has any chance at all would try to pursue him. I would be positive that Morey would at least do everything he could to see if he had any interest in Houston. So of course the Lakers are going to think that way.

I just cannot see how one of Melo or Lebron, much less both of them, would go there to play in a place where Kobe would get all of the credit if they won, they would get all of the blame if they lost, and Kobe's terribly stupid contract is going to dwarf theirs and keep them from getting the other pieces that they need.

To my way of thinking, it doesn't make any sense.

Of course the Lakers will probably just say something like "Of course they will come. We are the Lakers."

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

I never said it is happening: The Lakers think it is very possible. THE LAKERS SAID THAT.

We just have to wait and see what they decide...

Both those players have the highest respect in the world for Kobe. They love his crazy willingness to win.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Would you happen to know what the Rockets' brass hopes to occur for us this offseason?

20. dobro1229

Sorry... no offense but if you can't answer that you really haven't been paying that much attention around here. I would think this is pretty crystal clear.... even though how they are going to get there is where things get complicated. I doubt even Morey knows how their plans are going to unfold.