1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sacramento Bee] Rockets Have Expressed Interest in George Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Feb 7, 2018.

1. aroundtheblock2

I get that he is a better overall player and I haven't denied that at any point, but George Hill has easily been a better 3-pt shooter this season regardless of how many 3s Gordon has shot.

2. aroundtheblock2

Terrible idea. Aaron Gordon is not a good shooter and does not fit the Rockets game plan well at all besides being a big body and he's not worth the expense as just a big body.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think so. I just lost all respect for Keith Smith.
    If you don't know then just stfu and stick to your Celtics.

And I was wondering how come Anderson wasn't even mentioned in worst contracts.
    Obviously the writer didn't bother looking beyond the box score stats.

Deuce and smoothie like this.
  4. ballscientist1

He is a solid defender.

5. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets already have 3 PF’s on their roster without Anderson.

Deuce, roslolian and malakas like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah this is a no brainer if we can do it, even go into the luxury tax if necessary.

Hill can play the Beverly role of defend PG's and spot up shooter on offense, and we like to go small late anyhow. It also gives us a 3rd PG for injuries/rest, and provides a much, much easier contract to trade. It's perfect in so many ways.

Nook likes this.
  7. today

today Contributing Member

What would we have to attach to Ryno in order to get Hill?

8. aroundtheblock2

He's a terrible shooter and is likely to command more than Ryno money for a long term deal. Aaron Gordon is the type of guy you get to look like you're trying to win games, but he's way too inefficient to actually make your team a contender. Think Kemba Walker or Gilbert Arenas. Inefficient volume scorers.

9. aroundtheblock2

George Hill is not nearly as good defensively, but he would more than make up for that with his offense as a high % 3-pt shooter. I would hope the Rockets would shift some minutes to him and away from CP3 down the stretch. We need CP3 to cut back a little, and same with Harden if thats even possible.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol @ this article saying Anderson's deal is the type the Sacs want to avoid. Well they were the one who offered a big deal to Anderson in FA, no? Trying to match their price is the reason Morey offered such a ridiculous deal in the first place.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  11. aroundtheblock2

Not getting rid of Eric Gordon for Tobias Harris, mainly because the Clippers would never do that and the contracts don't even matchup. Isn't there a thread for these completely unrealistic and stupid trade scenarios?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

What expense, he's still on his rookie contract.

13. aroundtheblock2

I think Ryno's contract has reached the ends of the earth. Some small village in remote Africa is currently discussing how they would never take his contract either. Its the default everyone's gone to.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not as good as Bev, but much better at guarding opposing PG's than Harden or Gordon who currently have to when CP3 is on the bench. Could also take the assignment from Paul on occasion to keep him even fresher.

15. aroundtheblock2

Lol, so even less likely he gets traded. When his contract ends, he's going to get a good chunk of a deal. Seems like a guy Orlando wants around for awhile if I had to guess. Good personality...at least so far, and nice face of their franchise, but not a guy I expect to lead teams to anything significant. Just a stat monger in the main stat columns, but not a great analytics player.

16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I like the luc and tucker PF lineup but we still need a bigger PF in case of a spurs matchup in the playoffs or another team with 2 bigs

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG will score more than Ryno and provide lock down D, able to guard positions 1-5.

AG also make Rockets longer, younger and more athletic to match up with teams like OKC, Miami, etc.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you don't know what you're talking about but you keep talking. Hoookay.

Rockets do not need leaders or scorers, that's what Harden, Paul, EGo and Green are for. We need length, athleticism and an upgrade at PF.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I personally dont think its a good idea to trade away Eric for Aaron.

Eric has thrived in his role as the 6th man, why mess with that? We might need his salary for matching purposes if we make a move in the summer. We can easily replace Anderson's spot by moving Luc up and making Hill Ariza's backup.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

This is probably just as much about driving up the cost for Cleveland as it is anything else.

Can't imagine Hill has a ton of value around the league. Most teams are set at PG and don't want to pay $20 million for a backup. In fact, I doubt hill has positive trade value. I'm not saying he isn't worth more than Anderson, but I don't think teams are falling over themselves to get him.

Rockets offer is probably something like Anderson, 2nd and Troy Williams.

BigMaloe likes this.