1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Hollins: James Harden should be the unanimous MVP over Giannis Antetokounmpo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

That is indeed fair, and I'm not denying that Giannis is a fine defender. My objection is more about the inordinate amount of credit that goes directly to him while ignoring coaching and scheme. The Bucks didn't go from 19th in defensive rating last season to 1st this season because Giannis suddenly "made a leap". Improvement of that degree is systemic.

To that point, Budenholzer coached teams have now ranked 14th, 6th, 2nd, 4th, 21st, and 1st - with that major outlier (21st) coming from last year's 24-win Hawk's team whose best player was Dennis Schroder. Then you've got his experience assisting in San Antonio (not counting Duncan tank year) where they finished with a top 3 defense in 12 out of 16 seasons.

I don't know, I'm just amused how it's seemingly all about Giannis when the most obvious change from last season was bringing in a top tier defensive coach. I almost never hear it mentioned even in passing.

2. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Absolutely concur but unfortunately a lot of ignorant MVP voters toss out the “MDA system” card which reflects what you’re saying though on the offensive side which also for whatever reason continues the false narrative that James doesn’t play defense

Lawlruschang, Houstunna and D-rock like this.
  3. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

It's terribly pointless at this stage, though I supposed people just can't help themelves.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

New just in FBI will be going to Steve Nash’s house to confiscate the MVP trophies because defense is half of the floor which he had zero.

Biggest Morons I have ever heard.

Lawlruschang, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  5. AXG

AXG Member

The other two people were cringeworthy using outdated arguments. Hollins the only honest person on there but he's also a former hooper and played against Harden.

Lawlruschang and D-rock like this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Watching all star game highlights from Charlotte, Dewayne had more highlights than harden.

Klay thompson did for sure.

#86 smoothie_king, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

????

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

More impressive than that statement about Harden being best player in the League from Quinn is his follow up declarative "That's something that does not need to be discussed or debated."

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I wish he told the idiot to the right that if you take Curry (or Durant) off Worriers for 15-20 games they are still a top 3 seed in the tougher wc. That dude is a moron

Fu Cain - this is not dpoy dumb shiit.

Harden is a good defender

Harden still leads league in scoring if you remove all ft points

Lawlruschang and D-rock like this.
  11. 1234567

1234567 Member

Waste of time.
    Move on
    You don't get a vote.

The people who does have spoken, pretty much.

You or Harden may not like it, both are right but YOU OR HARDEN don't get a vote.

So not if they can bring home a Championship who cares about MVP

Lawlruschang likes this.
  12. YallMean

YallMean Member

If they just say Giannas gets my vote because I like his game more I am fine. Instead, they come up all kinds of excuses that has nothing to do with MVP determination. This award has never been about playing defense. Winning record, maybe. But there plenty of times MVP was given to the player that played way less defense than the next candidate. Nash played what defense got him over Shaq twice? Rose got once and what defense he was putting up that year over LeBron? This is a personal preference award and stop acting they are being objective. Really wanted to slap whatever that moron’s face when he acted that Ryan hollis is stupid ignoring Giannas is better on D.

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I hate Caine so much. The dude is the embodiment of the snobby narcissistic attitude Dallas is known for.

#93 tmoney1101, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

If you think this video is bad, don't look at the youtube comments.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Mike Malone was cold blooded for benching harden in the all star game after harden air balled that three pointer in the first quarter! Lol!

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The comments on this video on youtube are atrocious. Bunch of Bucks fans praising that idiot Cain.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]