1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russian Bots At Work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

It ended fairly quickly? 10+ weeks is quickly? Also he initially said that he didn’t have the power to change the rule through executive power, then he blamed the Democrats (the minority party) and last proved he was a liar and changed the rule... through executive power.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why do you find it necessary to call me old man? Pretty sure I have yet to say anything that could be construed as an insult to you.

Anyway,...I was responding to your ‘ruined reputation’ question and who you were referring to.

Also, we still don’t know everything that went on in that meeting and if that was the only meeting. We do know there have been a number of misleading and contradictory statements provided by the administration.

3. foh

foh Member

Do you know why Trump gave money to stormy daniels (or whatever her name is)? It's because the information she held was worth that to him and to his campaign.

Do you think "his campaign" took the meeting with russians because they thought it would be useful to him?

If the answer is yes, then one could argue in court or in political forum that he then could be given something of a material value from a foreign player/state (ie it's just as if he was given money).

So the question is really whether they conspired with a foreign player with intent to materially benefit and if Trump knew of it that is probably being hashed out by Mueller to make a solid case. And he is getting closer it seems by stringing up Trump's inner circle in search for corroborating evidence that can hold up in court.

#43 foh, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Deckard likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its pretty clear what i was referring to. The issue as a crime in that meeting

THAT YOU BROUGHT UP

was does the said info have monetary value and was it intended to be financially helpful

Everyone knows this because its six months old

Why are you talking about ir? What peeked your interest in this thread.

If you answer my questions i can help you ask better questions.

I don't understand why you chose to ask these questions about a 3 month old post so i dont care about what you're looking till you answer those questions

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek

You don't listen

Because you're stubbaorn

Like an old man

Therefore thats how i refer to you

There are other reasons, one being you're old enough to be my father.

I also have always viewed you as reasonable and just.

I remember an argument when someone complained about late ticket payment surcharges you were honest and said he should have just paid the ticket. I respect that

6. bobrek

See...I’d be done with this thread but you keep asking questions. You asked a question about ruining one's reputation. Remember that? I think I answered it but I have not been properly notified by you as to whether or not I did. I don’t want to leave it unanswered. I did ask a follow up because I was not sure whose reputation you specifically referred to. I assumed it was our President, but I was not sure.

Not sure what ‘peeked’ means in this context. I know what ‘piqued’ means.

This whole situation about collusion piques my interest. I find it interesting that there are apparently laws against getting dirt on political foes. I find it interesting that the President, his son, his lawyer and others continue to present misleading and contradictory information about it.

To specifically answer your question, I don’t know enough about what transpired in the meeting, but it is clear that if a foreign government gives a candidate information that they would not otherwise have gathered against a political opponent, then that definitely has value. And, that value can certainly be considered monetary.

We also don’t know if there were other meetings.

The investigation is ongoing so I assume as time goes by we will learn more.

7. bobrek

Not sure how I don’t listen....I ask questions....I try to discuss. I don’t insult you. I don’t call you ‘comrade’ as others do. I don’t call you a ‘Russian bot’ as others do.

And, for the record, I don’t consider 60 old. But by being old, I am already retired. I get to hang out with my grand kids. I get to travel. Since we are so old, we just bought a house in Florida since that’s where all the old people go. Since I’m old and retired, we can spend 8 months or so there and 4 months or so back in Minnesota with the grand kids. I get to go to the Ryder Cup in Paris since I am so and I don’t have to work. I get to do lots of things. Even though I am so old, I can still run 20+ miles a week and I can run 6 miles in less than an hour.

I am also a proud mofo.

Harrisment, Deckard and CometsWin like this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That was a really personal post in a thread responding to two people whom who've questioed if my account has been hacked in other threads in a Russian bot thread ironically

Follow me@realpgabriel

#48 pgabriel, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro i tried to you show you respect

You respond still arguing about **** i dont give a **** about

Like an old an old man. You dont wanna answer my questions? Do you have an answer to why you asked about what i think about that meeting. That would be worrisome brother if you don't have an answer and iys not funny

#49 pgabriel, Aug 26, 2018
  10. bobrek

See post #46. What question have I left unanswered?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek thank you for the lesson on "pique". So two mistakes i meant"peaked" which is still incorrect.

You still didn't answer why you asked about it in this thread.

Answering your question,

Don't give a **** about what his lawyer said about something he hasn't been charged with

Therefore im not putting effort to answer when haven't you said why you are bringing this up at tbis current time

An example of a sufficient answer would be the meeting was in the news recently.

(Another note)
    Ive asked you before do you think im arrogant. I really would like to know. I wont take an honest answer as offense.

I think it hinders me. Im the way at jobs i am the same way as i am here. Don't wanna get into why i ithink managers think im arrogant.

Edit: another bad habit is not reading entire posts. I now see tou responding to me lambasting the medu.

Still don't understand why you responded to a three month old post

S

#51 pgabriel, Aug 26, 2018
  12. bobrek

First...I did answer as to why this thread piqued my interest...again see post 46, but here is the relevant stuff: (note that these reasons may not have piqued your interest, but that's neither here nor there. You asked why I responded).

"This whole situation about collusion piques my interest. I find it interesting that there are apparently laws against getting dirt on political foes. I find it interesting that the President, his son, his lawyer and others continue to present misleading and contradictory information about it. "

And as I said earlier, I don't remember ever seeing this thread, but it was revived yesterday and I read it, thus the 3 month lapse.

I don't know you in person so I can't answer as to whether or not you ARE arrogant. What I can say is that many posters come across as arrogant whether or not they are. I know that I certainly do. That's just a function of the written word with people one doesn't know. I know that the vast majority of the time in the real world I am not.

So, I have answered the questions you asked. You may not like or agree with my answers, but they are honest answers.

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This thread isnt about that meeting or collusion. Therefore i tbink its weird you would ask me about the meeting in this three month old thread.

Your answer of being interested in collusion doesnt make sense as far as randomly asking me that question un thus thread that isnt about collusion

14. bobrek

I specifically responded to your post where you wrote this:

Edit: I'm disappointed in the entire media establishment about the collusion story. I'm disappointed none will step forward and admit it's the dumbest Presidential Politics type story

YOU brought up collusion.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek

I think the charge of collusion is completely ridiculous and one day everyone will realize it

The meeting happened but the collusion story is bigger. People really thought Trump is a Putin puppet.

I mean really that's crazy.

Unfortunately because i think thar way people mistake that for liking Trump. Unfortunately thats a problem with our politics. I dont base an opinion on a topic on my opinion on the main character of that topic

16. bobrek

I whole heartedly agree that too many people in this country think an endorsement or a criticism of a particular thing a politician does means that they are a 100% supporter or critic. Until we get back to the point where the country can have reasonable discussions about the issues we are lost.