1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russian bombers fly undetected through US airspace

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ottomaton, Apr 23, 2006.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Yeah, the Dems never do business with the Saudis. Those poor oil princes were forced to eat their own children during the Clinton years.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

You're right.

Count the number of Democrats that serve on the board of directors of the Carlyle Group with Osama Bin Laden's relatives, then count the number of Bush Family members that serve on the very same board, and call me when your reality pill finally kicks in, OK?

Meet the new gwayneco.....same as the old gwayneco.

:rolleyes:

3. gwayneco

Reality? Are you saying that the Saudis suffered diring the Clinton years?

Same old EltonJohn Tex.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

How many Clinton family members are on that board again?

5. gwayneco

Some things never change here at the Moonbat Central forum.

6. gwayneco

Politicians affiliated with Carlyle
    Alice Albright, daughter of ex-Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
    William Kennard, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under President Bill Clinton, Carlyle's Managing Director in the Telecommunications & Media Group
    Arthur Levitt, Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under President Bill Clinton, Carlyle Senior Advisor
    Mack McLarty, White House Chief of Staff under President Bill Clinton, President of Kissinger McLarty Associates, Carlyle Senior Advisor

The Saudi Arabian relatives of Osama bin Laden (not Osama bin Laden himself) were also minor investors in Carlyle until October 2001 when the family sold its $2.02 million investment back to the firm in light of the public controversy surrounding the bin Laden family after September 11.

7. GladiatoRowdy

As they never seem to at Bushbot Central. How is it there, anyway?

#27 GladiatoRowdy, Apr 24, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  8. GladiatoRowdy

I note that you did not list a single GOP affiliation. Let me complete your list...

# James Baker III, former United States Secretary of State under George H. W. Bush, Staff member under Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, Carlyle Senior Counselor
    # George H. W. Bush, former U.S. President, Senior Advisor to the Carlyle Asia Advisory Board from April 1998 to October 2003.
    # George W. Bush, current U.S. President. Was appointed in 1990 to the Board of Directors of one of Carlyle's first acquisitions, an airline food business called Caterair, which Carlyle eventually sold at a loss. Bush left the board in 1992 to later become Governor of Texas, where he was responsible for appointing several members of the board which controlled the investment of Texas teachers' pension funds. A few years later, the board decided to invest $100m of public money in the Carlyle Group.
    # Frank C. Carlucci, former United States Secretary of Defense from 1987 to 1989, chairman emeritus and currently strategic business advisor. Also, former Princeton roommate and wrestling partner of present US Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld.
    # Richard Darman, former Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget under George H. W. Bush, Senior Advisor and Managing Director of The Carlyle Group
    # Colin Powell, former United States Secretary of State
    # John W. Snow, United States Secretary of the Treasury, chairman Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States (CFIUS), former CEO of CSX railroad
    # Robert Zoellick, former United States Trade Representative and current Deputy Secretary of State

I guess it could have been an oversight, but you should probably have provided a link to the article you selectively cut and pasted to highlight the small number of peripherally involved Democratic politicos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlyle_Group

9. RocketMan Tex

Not saying that the Saudis suffered at all.

The Clinton family has not profited in the tens of millions of dollars from a business relationship with the Bin Laden family.

The Bush family, on the other hand, has profited in the tens of millions of dollars from a business relationship with the Bin Laden family through the Carlyle Group, and that is the main reason why President George W. Bush does what is best for Saudi Arabia rather than what is best for America when he performs his duties as President of the United States.

Any questions?

10. RocketMan Tex

The Bin Laden family were part of the original investment group that started Carlyle and you are calling them "minor investors"?

I guess you consider Hurricane Katrina a summer sprinkle, eh gwayneco?

Meet the new gwayneco......seeing the world through blinders like never before.

:D

11. gwayneco

-deleted-

#31 gwayneco, Apr 24, 2006
  12. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

What difference does it make? If the policy toward Saudi Arabia is no different, then what is the point of harping about a business relationship that has no effect?

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Weird. Yesterday I read some of this post wondering about Russia and their bombers. Now I come back today and its all about Saudi businessmen and the Bush family.

How the heck did that happen?

And how do we know that we didn't have Aurora aircraft flying loopty-loops around the "undetected" bombers and we just don't want to tell Russia we knew exactly where the bombers were?

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I was wondering the same thing myself.

15. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

All things connect to George.

It's that six degrees of separation thing.

Like the Kevin Beacon game.

Only more creepy.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I knew I had read something on Russian stealth 'fields' before...
    _________

"Even though plasma theory is a highly complex topic with many unanswered fundamental questions, a plasma stealth device for combat aircraft was claimed to be offered for export by Russia in 1999. In January of 1999, the Russian ITAR-TASS news agency published an interview with Doctor Anatoliy Koroteyev, the director of the Keldysh Research Center (FKA Scientific Research Institute for Thermal Processes), who talked about the plasma stealth device developed by his organization. The claim was particularly interesting in light of the solid scientific reputation of Dr. Koroteyev and the Institute for Thermal Processes, which is one of the top scientific research organizations in the world in the field of fundamental physics. [see "Russian scientists created revolutionary technologies for reducing radar visibility of aircraft", by Nikolay Novichkov, ITAR-TASS, January 20, 1999].

wiki

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NICE FIND!

Something like this would be just about the only way to hide some of the big ugly planes like the Tu-95.

I have no idea, however, how you keep a field of ionized plasma in place around a moving plane, but apparently they do.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Little did the general know his bombers were being tailed.

[​IMG]

#38 SamFisher, Apr 24, 2006
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Something like that would suddenly make all those old bombers and fighters quite relevant again.

In fact modern electronics in old planes can make a huge difference ~ I believe the US had a major war games session about a year or so ago. F15's verse simulated Chinese fighters crammed with Israeli electronics -- we didn't do so well. I think bamaslammer started a thread on it, the memory is a bit fuzzy on the details.

20. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

The Russians continue to amaze me...