1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumors] Taylor Martinez leaving Nebraska

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by chestr, Nov 21, 2010.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I guess I can see both sides on this story. On one hand, making a spectacle of yelling at your injured quarterback when he is trying to get back into the game makes Pelini seem like a huge douche. On the other hand, I can understand Pelini's frustration if he feels like Taylor's dad is trying to play backseat driver.

2. Major

Major Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5835532

The Chancellor of NU isn't happy with Pelini for all his sideline antics. He's known for this stuff too - I think both Texas games this year and last, he went nuts a couple of times. I think he's going to be a much tighter leash going forward.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Pelini only has himself to look at for that loss. He lost control. The calls he went apes**t about were the correct calls. He lost it on a player for doing something stupid and getting a personal foul...only to do it himself. He's an idiot that needs anger management classes.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

There was an article about his antics after the Big 12 Championship game last year, the guy is a straight a$$.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think Pelini will learn from this and calm down, unless he's got a screw loose. He'd better take stock of himself for this behavior.

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Bo is a complete jackass. Serious anger management problems, guy was going ape **** on everyone the other night.

8. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

http://betteroffred.fantake.com/2010/11/21/did-taylor-call-his-dad-during-the-am-game/

Don't worry Taylor, we need a new QB in Austin.

1 person likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Pelini needs a boot in his ass, but Martinez calling his dad during a game is serious weaksauce.

Do not want that kid or his helicopter parent as my QB.

10. Major

Major Member

I think it would sort of depend on what the call was about. If it was a "what should I do?", that's a problem. If it was a "hey dad, my ankle injury isn't too bad so don't worry about me", it probably still shouldn't have happened, but I wouldn't consider it a big deal.

When Colt McCoy got hurt in the title game, didn't his dad go down to the training room with him and all that? I don't think anyone thought that to be a big deal.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

EXACTLY !!!

DD

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with what Martinez did...he's a freaking kid.

Pelini is a total jackass and needs to stop all of the tantrums

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Eh, kinda hard to compare those.

It was a serious injury (any time a QB is feeling numbness in an extremity and can't throw the ball, that's career threatening), and his parents were already in attendance, plus it was his last game, and the national freaking championship to boot. Seemed to me that his parents were there for moral support, not to dictate to Brown or Colt what they wanted them to do.

Running to the lockerroom and phoning your dad during a game just seems weird unless he was basically telling him that he was ok after what looked to be an injury or something.

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Bo Pelini is hard like the streets.